Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidli1324)
    I applied on the 10th and got nothing so far
    My predicted was 42/45 with 766 at HL for the IB
    The requirement for the course was 38 with 766 at HL
    Should I be worried right now about not receiving anything other than the acknowledgement?
    Applied on 10th and just got put under initial assessment. It seems they are swarmed with applications this year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flutz)
    Applied on 10th and just got put under initial assessment. It seems they are swarmed with applications this year
    Yeah, I got the initial assessment email just now as well. Just a quick question though, when they say in the emails "once this stage is complete you will either receive a decision on your application or your application will be passed onto the Admissions Selector for further assessment." Does that mean there is a possibility that I could be given an offer without further assessment? Or does that just simply mean they will reject some people and pass the rest onto further assessment?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidli1324)
    Yeah, I got the initial assessment email just now as well. Just a quick question though, when they say in the emails "once this stage is complete you will either receive a decision on your application or your application will be passed onto the Admissions Selector for further assessment." Does that mean there is a possibility that I could be given an offer without further assessment? Or does that just simply mean they will reject some people and pass the rest onto further assessment?
    Initial Assessment is used to screen candidates in terms of raw achieved and predicted grades. You will not be accepted before you have also gone through Further Assessment, but you can be rejected after going through Initial Assessment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Terratra)
    Initial Assessment is used to screen candidates in terms of raw achieved and predicted grades. You will not be accepted before you have also gone through Further Assessment, but you can be rejected after going through Initial Assessment.
    Oh okay I see, thanks!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.