Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    If a graduate is offered a place in the MPhil but the College accommodation is not liked/suitable can a student turn down the accom and somehow go back in the pooling system?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosemarybr)
    If a graduate is offered a place in the MPhil but the College accommodation is not liked/suitable can a student turn down the accom and somehow go back in the pooling system?
    Not unless you have a disability requirement that the College can't meet but another could. You can always turn down the accommodation offer and aim to find your own accommodation but you can't switch college once the offer is made.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for replying. I went on to research this a bit more and came across this on the Cambridge Uni site. (I'm awaiting a reply from Oxford.)

"After this period requests for a transfer of College will be considered only on the grounds of disability a substantial offer of funding from another College or other compelling circumstances."

So, it seems there may be a few circumstances in which a second bite at the College Pool may be possible.....maybe even at Oxford too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosemarybr)
    Thanks for replying. I went on to research this a bit more and came across this on the Cambridge Uni site. (I'm awaiting a reply from Oxford.)

"After this period requests for a transfer of College will be considered only on the grounds of disability a substantial offer of funding from another College or other compelling circumstances."

So, it seems there may be a few circumstances in which a second bite at the College Pool may be possible.....maybe even at Oxford too.
    It's generally rare. I've only ever heard of graduates moving to a different college for either disability or funding reasons. Not liking the accommodation offered is not in itself a valid reason.

Separately, the University Graduate Accommodation Office also offers accommodation for graduates (https://www.admin.ox.ac.uk/graduateaccommodation/)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mishieru07)
    It's generally rare. I've only ever heard of graduates moving to a different college for either disability or funding reasons. Not liking the accommodation offered is not in itself a valid reason.

Separately, the University Graduate Accommodation Office also offers accommodation for graduates (https://www.admin.ox.ac.uk/graduateaccommodation/)
    Thanks for that link too. Will check it out.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.