Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So, I left for university over a month ago and have settle in quite nicely.

I’m in a long-distance relationship with my partner of almost 3 years and I love her to pieces.

However, and this is a big change, I think I’ve fallen in love with another woman. I feel as though we immediately clicked when we met online over a year ago. I think that I would be much happier in a relationship with this girl (in America) than in my current one and I really don’t know what to do.

I had become alcohol dependendant in the first weeks of starting uni due to deep seated personal issues, my girlfriend wasn’t really there for me even when I tried to reach out to her about it whereas the American would stay up until 5 in the morning just to make sure I was safe. She even convinced me to cut down on my alcohol intake and to start eating properly again (as I wasn’t doing that either, losing 10ibs in a week and passing out often due to low blood sugar).

I love my girlfriend but I also love this other girl. My girlfriend knows I am friends with this other girl but doesn’t know how I feel or anything that we have done (phone sex, nudes etc) and I really don’t want to hurt her but I am unhappy in where we are now.

This has been messing me up for the past 2 weeks and I’ve not exactly had anyone to talk to about it as it seems really sketchy.

Sorry for the kind of long post; any help and advice is appreciated. I think any opinions or anything will help me.

Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    Bruh yo cant love two girl and should not have been chatting with another girl about ya no (if yo were).But people change alot over 3yrs so if ya dont love her any more dont drag it out end it sooner rather than later ,but do it in a resepctful way at the right time place with the right word and dont jump straight to the other girl.

End it now, stop dragging it out.

ReputationRep:
    As a girl speaking, it is really really emotional when you would know your man is leaving for another woman....so when you do break it to her, don't explain to her in a way where she feels like the other girl is "better" than her....
    perhaps talk about how the distance isnt working out as much, being far away from your lover is difficult and it will most certainly impact how a relationship plays out.

you say you have been together for about 3 years?....so she must have a lot of trust in you: that you wont do anything whilst she cant see...maybe, before you do something stupid (not saying you would)- or if you have been doing something stupid, you should try and end the relationship ASAP...im sorry but straight up You broke her trust and she doesn't deserve that. by doing that, she will have trust issues for a logn time...and that will impact her (mentally and physically) in the long run in response to relationships...for a long time...
    So if you really do love her...as you say, you need to tell her it's not working out in a moderate and understanding way.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 20, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.