Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Don't know whether to speak to HT. Yesterday whilst the teacher was taking register my dd was learning back on her chair. As punishment the teacher made her stand up until lunchtime and even missed her playtime.

ReputationRep:
    She's learned a hard lesson then. I think the Head has more important things to deal with than listening to you whining about your DDs punishment. Just tell her not to do it again.

ReputationRep:
    What would you ask the Head to do about it? I would have thought that standing up for the morning was already enough punishment for your DD.

ReputationRep:
    What's the problem?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Would you rather she carried on swinging and hit her head?

ReputationRep:
    Is this the story your DD told you or do you know this for sure? I ask this because my oldest son used to come home and tell me the most fantastic punishments the teacher gave him. He was one of those kids that could lie for England. Thankfully, he outgrew it.

ReputationRep:
    Yes it is her freind backed her up, thought it was little harsh she had to stand 3 hours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mum22)
    Yes it is her freind backed her up, thought it was little harsh she had to stand 3 hours.
    But you don't know this to be true, do you? Friends usually back each other up. I would get your facts straight before you approach the Head. Ask for an appointment with the Head and discuss it. How old is your DD?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seamus123)
    But you don't know this to be true, do you? Friends usually back each other up. I would get your facts straight before you approach the Head. Ask for an appointment with the Head and discuss it. How old is your DD?
    She is 6

ReputationRep:
    Standing will not do her any harm. It is very possibly not the first time she has been told off about it. She needs to understand that different behaviour is expected at school and that the teacher should be listened to, not ignored.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mum22)
    She is 6
    If she is just 6, then you do need to speak to the Head. Even at 6, a child would know it isn't a good idea to lean back on the chair as it could cause her to have an accident if the chair moved and she fell backwards.

I think 3 hours is a very long time for a 6 year old to stand up, 1 hour would of been enough.
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by Mum22)
    She is 6
    What Seamus posted.

You have your daughters version and she is six.

Calmly talk to the head and ask them to confirm whether its true and then question whether thats the appropriate/ usual form of punishment for a six year old. The version of what happened may not be accurate or the whole story.

ReputationRep:
    There are these two boys well 4 but ones my cousin and the other likes me but they keep bullying me and i dont know what to do in technology he hit a bit of metal and it skid across my face when i was in s1 i used to tell the teacher or my mum but nothing would happen so they would find out and bully me more i dont know what to do please help

ReputationRep:
    Ah, I'd forgotten it was half term.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.