Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently trying to save up for a new laptop, but I don't have a job. (I do get an allowance.) Does anyone have any tips or suggestions on how to save the money I do get and on how I could earn any?
    I AM 16 and so I could get a job, but I don't want to work somewhere I wouldn't enjoy.

ReputationRep:
    The only thing I would say is find a job somewhere you would enjoy...? Like, that’s the only way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cereidee)
    The only thing I would say is find a job somewhere you would enjoy...? Like, that’s the only way.
    I'm not sure where I would enjoy though. Like I'd probably enjoy working with children, but I'm not sure where I could do that? (I'm in college, so it would have to just be a weekend job.) I did apply to buildabear, but I haven't heard back.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Ally-mai)
    I'm not sure where I would enjoy though. Like I'd probably enjoy working with children, but I'm not sure where I could do that? (I'm in college, so it would have to just be a weekend job.) I did apply to buildabear, but I haven't heard back.
    You have a decent Maths GCSE grade don't you? How about a bit of tuition for younger kids - try starting off modestly with friends of the family and don't charge too much, then work up to other people if you can get a decent reputation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davros)
    You have a decent Maths GCSE grade don't you? How about a bit of tuition for younger kids - try starting off modestly with friends of the family and don't charge too much, then work up to other people if you can get a decent reputation
    I do actually tutor my nephew for an hour or two each week, but I'm never sure what to cover or how to structure it?

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.