Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,
    I’ve just sent in my ucas application for speech and language therapy at Manchester met and the University of Manchester. (Due to having a daughter I need to stay local). Has anyone got any tips for the interview process and how are people already on the course finding it? I’m so nervous
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I attend the University of Sheffield for Speech and language Therapy, however I did attend the SLT interview for UoM and I did receive an offer. From what I remember of the interview process from last year, it was quite intense. They don't allow us to disclose specific information about what happens in the interview but I will try and give some general advice. A lot of it is just about using any relevant experience you have to guide you, they don't expect you to be an expert on the topic before you have even started. What they seem to be looking for is the characteristics they want in their SLTs, so just try and show this in your answers. Don't rush to answer their questions, they understand you are nervous and will understand if you need some time to gather your thoughts, don't feel pressurised to fill any silence with pointless responses. They just want you to demonstrate you understand what a career as a SLT involves. Overall, I'd say just be yourself, you've gotten this far so they just want to check that you are suitable for a healthcare career. Even if you come out of the interview feeling like you've done terribly or that your answer wasn't exactly what they wanted, you need to think positively, a lot of girls I know on that same interview thought they had failed but were still offered places! Good Luck and hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    hi, I've applied for 2018 SLT entry! all so daunting and unreal! I have an interview for MMU - when is yours? how have you been getting on with preparing?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had an interview for Reading? Mine's soon and I'm super nervous!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.