The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Accomodation Mare!

:mad: I have been ringing the accommodation office for ages now trying to find out about where I will live and I found out today they have mixed up my application with insurance offers and I accepted firmly! I still dont know where I'm living and they say all of Elgar Court is gone which is what I really want! <Invitation for a sympathy vote! lol>

I'm so stressed out!!

jd
jdhughes57
:mad: I have been ringing the accommodation office for ages now trying to find out about where I will live and I found out today they have mixed up my application with insurance offers and I accepted firmly! I still dont know where I'm living and they say all of Elgar Court is gone which is what I really want! <Invitation for a sympathy vote! lol>

I'm so stressed out!!

jd

oh no- it must be frustrating not to get the accomodation you want. Try and look on the bright side though, you will have a fantastic time whichever accomodation you get- you'll make great friends and have the time of your life.....
Keep persevering and phone them until they put you somewhere!!

Don't forget to check out the birmingham meet-up thread!!

Ruthie xx
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
I still haven't heard anything about accomodation, I did accept a change of course after A level results but they said I'm still in under the Fresher's guarantee. So hopefully I can phone tomorrow and clear things up :frown:
To be quite honest, Birmingham have really angered me, I (and by the sounds of it you also) are supposed to be moving in next week, I also accepted Birmingham as a Firm and change of course offer, I've been phoning everyday and the same monotonous woman says the same thing - I'm going to write a letter of severe complaint tomorrow, it's taking the p*ss to be quite frank, and if i don't get the accomodation I want, heads will roll.
Reply 4
To top it all off I've just driven to the uni to have a look at other accommodation and a lady there said Douper Hall is now full! All of the en suite rooms are going! Ahhhhhhhh!!! More sympathy needed :frown:

Well John Paul Jones, I am ringing tomorrow aswell and am gonna give them an earful! Lets kick some ass!!
jdhughes57
To top it all off I've just driven to the uni to have a look at other accommodation and a lady there said Douper Hall is now full! All of the en suite rooms are going! Ahhhhhhhh!!! More sympathy needed :frown:

Well John Paul Jones, I am ringing tomorrow aswell and am gonna give them an earful! Lets kick some ass!!

lol, well i've been phoning everyday and speaking to the same monotonous brummy-accented bore of a woman there and she keeps on saying the same thing - if she's stuck in such a cack job, there's no need to be so unhelpful and unpleasant to people phoning:P
Reply 6
hey im not even guaranteed accomodation coz my form was one day late even thou i sent it on the 29th. i think ill call them tomorrow and cry... maybe theyll feel sorry and give me an ensuite out of pity.. yea rite :frown: .. and tht annoying monotenous lady keeps telling me not to worry.. thts easy for her to say! :mad:
Reply 7
Here's a tip: find out the name of her boss. And, if you can, their boss's boss. Then email her with all your complaints, and cc it to her bosses. That ought to do the trick.
phoned this morning, turns out that I'm in ... so at least I have a room. So there is a God, good luck to everyone else :smile:
Reply 9
hey i just called now and found out tht i did get accom.. i got jarrat hall.. and i cudnt be happier... :smile:
Nidz
hey i just called now and found out tht i did get accom.. i got jarrat hall.. and i cudnt be happier... :smile:

or poorer!! :wink:
Reply 11
true true... but my parents are paying so its ok
Nidz
true true... but my parents are paying so its ok

oh ok!!
no probs there then!!
:biggrin:

Ruthie xx
Reply 13
I Phoned Again This Morning And The Lady Said I Had Been Allocated Chamberlin Hall. Considering I Want Parking, Internet, Ensuite And Self Catering You Can Imagine My Delight! After Playing My Face For A While She Offered Me Hunters Court! Yey!!!!! Anybody Else Going To Be There????!?!?!

P.s. The Booklet Says The Contract Starts On The 20th Sept But I Thouht Moving In Day Was On The 18th? Any Help Appreciated!
hehehe i'm in Jarratt Hall as well, i rang them up just before :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 15
oh thts so cool.. its great it all worked out for us in the end.. do u know which block or anything
they've really messed by BF around... he wanted selfcatering, single room with internet connection (he's a compu. science student, so he'll need it...) and they've given him a catered shared room without connection... the only thing that could have made it worse was if he was with a smoker...

I'm very annoyed at them...

Any one else had this problem?
Reply 17
wow tht sucks. did he apply late or is he a clearing or insurance student?
wow tht sucks. did he apply late or is he a clearing or insurance student?

Brum was his insurance place, so i guess that hasn't helped

Latest

Trending

Trending