Coming to an Oxford Brookes Open Day is an exciting opportunity to see our university and get a better idea of what it’d feel like to walk our corridors as a student in the near future. As our guests, we want to make sure this day runs as smoothly as possible and so we want to provide you with some information to help you navigate parking and transportation in Oxford.
1. There are no parking options in Headington Campus and generally parking options in Oxford are quite limited. So on Open Day we strongly suggest to make use of our Open Day BROOKESbus service which runs between all our campuses via the relevant Park & Rides, the train station and the city centre (covering most of Oxford’s key points). For detailed information visit https://www.brookes.ac.uk/open-day/travel/ and you’ll see the varying alternatives regarding travel to and around each of our campuses.
2. We have attached maps of each of our campuses as well as a general map of Oxford guiding you to each of our campuses to this post. These come in handy if you’re looking to make the most of your day and wish to know where things are prior to arriving.
3. In addition, we have subject sessions, campus tours, accommodation tours, student life talks, etc. To see the full range of activities visit our What’s On page at https://www.brookes.ac.uk/open-day/shape-your-day/ to see what’s available through the day and book your respective interests.
4. Accommodation tours are very popular during Open Days and they are all open for viewing as well. At Headington Campus, you can explore Cheney Student Village and Clive Booth, at Wheatley Campus you can see Lady Spencer Churchill Hall, and at Harcourt Hill Campus Westminster Hall will be open. To plan ahead visit our accommodation website at https://www.brookes.ac.uk/studying-a...accommodation/ to check out which hall you’d be most inclined to see on the day.
5. Lastly, attached to this post you’ll find our Open Day guide with information on sessions happening throughout the day, where they’ll be happening and what else there is to see. You can also use the guide as a free travel pass for you and your guests on BROOKESbus services on the day (all you gotta do is show the printed guide, or a smartphone copy of the guide to the bus driver).
We hope you have a grand Open Day visiting us, and for any queries you have visit our Open day website at https://www.brookes.ac.uk/open-day/ or just ask us below, we’re happy to help!
Best of luck,
When can you expect yours?