Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girlfriend's occupation makes me uncomfortable Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    My girlfriend is a doctor, currently 2nd year qualified and is doing a rotation as a GP, the rotations last 4 months and she's got one more left.
    I love that she's a doctor. But in her place as a GP she keeps getting guys coming in with penis problems, and it makes a little uncomfortable that she keeps seeing other people's penises, I know it's not her choice and it's her job so she takes no pleasure in it but it's still unnerving.
    What happens if I a guy comes in hung like a horse and now she's thinking she could upgrade to some thinglike that herself? Not so much that as usually people have an issue when they come in so it's usually grim, but it's still just strange to think she's been looking at penises during the day. Is it bad/unusual of me to be uncomfortable?
    I think you can rest assure that doctors cannot have relationships with patients unless they want to have their medical license removed and reputation destroyed.

Second of all, If this is a troll post then =p. If not then you need to work on your self esteem.

ReputationRep:
    She must be good at handjobs :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Are people actually believing this troll? And I cannot believe this thread has made it to the front page and had a stock photo of a random couple associated with it to make it sound more legitimate. I'm gob-smacked.

(Original post by It's****ingWOODY)
    Just, sayin', if the girl on the TSR homepage for this thread, was my doctor...

https://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/...ont%20like.jpg

"So, my penis problem.... I start to get a rash developing after I've had a blowjob. Don't suppose you've got a test for that?"
    HAAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHAHAH
    you westerns are very dirty

ReputationRep:
    I guess promoting something like this in the "today on TSR" ensures lots of page views.

Even though it's most likely a troll.

what if is she sees back guys or regular basis? For example if she might have to check up a patient for erection? she may get horny after seeing it high up, and then, what happens next will be a mystery for you. If she gets confidence to do it once, she will be enjoying her job everyday.
    interesting to note that she looks beautiful as you said, then my brother it is your decision. I can't shed any light.

ReputationRep:
    I hope she finds a better boyfriend.

ReputationRep:
    This is childish she's not going on multiple dates and getting a peek at their cocks she's just looking and treating them in a professional context...

What's your job/course OP?

ReputationRep:
    I want to add that, from my experience working in general practice, penis problems are actually pretty damn rare. Men tend to either go to the GUM clinic, or just describe their problem rather than having their genitals examined.

Of course, you sound totally insecure, which is possibly one of the ugliest traits going- and if she discovers that you're this insecure, it could be a serious problem for her attraction wise- but I'm just trying to reassure you that general practice is mostly taking temperatures and examining chests rather than looking at penises.

ReputationRep:
    She isn't going to suck them

(Original post by The RAR)
    She isn't going to suck them
    You never know , if it is guy with big penis. She would not miss the opportunity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrawTheLine)
    So what if she's looking at penises! I work in a shop and sometimes I see people with envelopes full of cash. I'm not going to leave my boyfriend because I could upgrade to someone richer.
    You can't because you're not good looking enough. The OP clearly said she was good looking and was worth more than he was. And yes, if a rich man made you an indecent proposal, you'd say yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    I hope she finds a better boyfriend.
    Because clearly she could date a bigger penis than OP?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Assuming that you're not a troll, you honestly sound like you have a number of insecurities you need to handle. If not, you'll find yourself single

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by navarre)
    I want to add that, from my experience working in general practice, penis problems are actually pretty damn rare. Men tend to either go to the GUM clinic, or just describe their problem rather than having their genitals examined.

Of course, you sound totally insecure, which is possibly one of the ugliest traits going- and if she discovers that you're this insecure, it could be a serious problem for her attraction wise- but I'm just trying to reassure you that general practice is mostly taking temperatures and examining chests rather than looking at penises.
    Why shouldn't he be insecure? If his penis is as small as he thinks and she is as good looking as he thinks, not to mention she'll probably earn more, he not only has a right to be insecure but should actually be insecure.

In a relationship with mismatched value, there is a mismatch of power. One will always be punching above their weight, desperately clinging on like a limpet.

Just like how eventually everyone is promoted to their level of incompetence, eventually people upgrade their partners to the point where they are no longer more worthy of their steed, and they then become the insecure one. And so it goes on.

You really have a blindly cheery view of humanity if you think otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haviland-Tuf)
    Are people actually believing this troll? And I cannot believe this thread has made it to the front page and had a stock photo of a random couple associated with it to make it sound more legitimate. I'm gob-smacked.
    Why not, he has a point. His GF could be doing a rotation in urology right now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hey_Its_Cerian)
    Lol, glad to see I'm not the only weird one. I was expecting her to be like a prostitute or something.

But on a serious note OP, you sound seriously insecure. I get that you're wary because of your previous experience of getting cheated on in a past relationship, but you can't let your worries bother you to the extent they currently are. It's understandable that you're worried but you're going to have to try and let your insecurities go. I know it's easier said than done but not having trust in your girlfriend could be detrimental to your current relationship. Like numerous others have said, it's her job to look at penises. She's hardly going to leave you for it.

Honestly, you shouldn't be uncomfortable about it. Are you really going to let a past experience stop you from being happy and enjoying the relationship you're now in?
    Why shouldn't he be insecure if he was cheated on? His value was clearly lesser than that of his ex or it would have been he, who cheated on her. People who can but don't cheat are seriously missing out on cake. You can't eat cake anymore when you're dead

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slowbro93)
    Assuming that you're not a troll, you honestly sound like you have a number of insecurities you need to handle. If not, you'll find yourself single
    Have you ever considered people are insecure because actually they should be? And if they were better they wouldn't be?

ReputationRep:
    You're such a child, just get over it? She's a doctor, it happens.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oldboy2007)
    Because clearly she could date a bigger penis than OP?
    No because she could find someone who respects her chosen profession and realises that a doctor has standards. The OPs response is infantile, in my view.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 25, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.