Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girlfriend's occupation makes me uncomfortable Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    My girlfriend is a doctor, currently 2nd year qualified and is doing a rotation as a GP, the rotations last 4 months and she's got one more left.
    I love that she's a doctor. But in her place as a GP she keeps getting guys coming in with penis problems, and it makes a little uncomfortable that she keeps seeing other people's penises, I know it's not her choice and it's her job so she takes no pleasure in it but it's still unnerving.
    What happens if I a guy comes in hung like a horse and now she's thinking she could upgrade to some thinglike that herself? Not so much that as usually people have an issue when they come in so it's usually grim, but it's still just strange to think she's been looking at penises during the day. Is it bad/unusual of me to be uncomfortable?
    honestly, i clicked on this expecting your GF to be a sex worker chat line operator or even an ann summers rep. She's a doctor be super proud of her intelligence and hard work and if you so insecure about your manhood that you think she prefers a random bloke you need some counselling . and FYI most women what you got in trousers is very low on what attracts us to men we want to be with work more on trusting loving and supporting her
    and not worrying about insignificant things and am sure you be ok
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I should clarify I was cheated on in my last relationship, so I'm a little wary anyway.
    She's really good looking, so I already know I'm punching with someone who's attractive and has a good job.

I know they're generally gonna be minging penises that come in but she's still looking at them.
    This sounds like it's more of an issue with your confidence than your gf's occupation. You've had a bad experience in the past and you're worried it will happen again. I expect you would worry just as much if she were working in a grocery store and serving men all day.

You need to work on your confidence in her and your relationship. Yeah she'll be looking at penises, but that doesn't really matter. She's with you for you, not your penis. It's not really any different from just walking around and seeing men on the street.
    Besides, she won't exactly be focusing on how well hung they are and if anything will become desensitised to it because she sees it so often (and often quite grim ones).

Trust your bond and trust her. Honestly she will already be aware if yours isn't the best in the world. She's with you anyway. She's obviously there for a reason so let that give you confidence in yourself and your relationship.

Hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    its just a penis

ReputationRep:
    so you think your girlfriend is going to leave you because her job requires her to see infected penises?????????

ReputationRep:
    The clickbait image on the Tsr main page lol

Read this tasha_tah

ReputationRep:
      omggg soo weird:rofl:
      (Original post by Lychee627)
      Read this tasha_tah

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Jigsaws mum)
      Do you know how stupid that sounds?
      All his reps are from 9-11 gemmers from this post loool

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Emerald777O)
      All his reps are from 9-11 gemmers from this post loool
      Sooooo your point is............????

Penile problems exist. Let her get on with the job (learning.) Yes it is bad of you to be uncomfortable. Think of her having to look at guys with rashes and things, open your eyes and Google herpes on penis. Then think does she want a well hung guy with that.??????

My girlfriend is a doctor, currently 2nd year qualified and is doing a rotation as a GP, the rotations last 4 months and she's got one more left.
      I love that she's a doctor. But in her place as a GP she keeps getting guys coming in with penis problems, and it makes a little uncomfortable that she keeps seeing other people's penises, I know it's not her choice and it's her job so she takes no pleasure in it but it's still unnerving.
      What happens if I a guy comes in hung like a horse and now she's thinking she could upgrade to some thinglike that herself? Not so much that as usually people have an issue when they come in so it's usually grim, but it's still just strange to think she's been looking at penises during the day. Is it bad/unusual of me to be uncomfortable?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Salt Queen)
      Do you work at an old folks home
      yh

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by shawtyb)
      yh
      How uncanny. As I type a response I hear my mum talking about trying to find the best care home for her mother and how some people just abandon their parents 👀

Anyway I think working in an old folks home would be strangely exciting :daydreaming:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Salt Queen)
      How uncanny. As I type a response I hear my mum talking about trying to find the best care home for her mother and how some people just abandon their parents 👀

Anyway I think working in an old folks home would be strangely exciting :daydreaming:
      i primarily work with the residents who have dementia.
      the care home has 2 floors
      1st is dementia - 20 residents
      2nd is regular oaps - 20 residents
      3rd is dementia - 13 residents

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 25, 2017
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.