The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Personal Statement

Good morning
I am applying for a PhD in Durham Business School. There's a 'Additional Information' section in the online application form and it says

"Please give details of any additional information that may support your application. This may include relevant background experience, professional or other relevant qualifications or training (please include awarding institution, principal subjects, qualifications and date of award), reasons for applying for the programme, etc.
You have a maximum of 32,700 characters."

Is this the personal statement?
No, because your personal statement is a maximum of 4000 characters.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Tima92
Good morning
I am applying for a PhD in Durham Business School. There's a 'Additional Information' section in the online application form and it says

"Please give details of any additional information that may support your application. This may include relevant background experience, professional or other relevant qualifications or training (please include awarding institution, principal subjects, qualifications and date of award), reasons for applying for the programme, etc.
You have a maximum of 32,700 characters."

Is this the personal statement?

You're applying for postgrad, and so the application is completely different. So this is a form of personal statement, but it is nothing like the UCAS undergrad one you have previously completed.
Original post by Juno
You're applying for postgrad, and so the application is completely different. So this is a form of personal statement, but it is nothing like the UCAS undergrad one you have previously completed.

In that case ignore my initial post :tongue:

Quick Reply