The Student Room Group

Do you think that I have no friends? With ADDED QUESTION

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
[QUOTE="tali22;75855438"]
Original post by Tomm98
Do you really think so? How come? I just find it so hard to be courageous and get out and speak to people.[/QUOTE

yeah of course, people have said that to me before, I think your friends mean if you are doubting yourself its ok because you do have people who care for you even if you don't realise it. I have a friend with Aspergers and have dealt with the same situation with her x

and don't worry, one day you'll meet someone and you guys will become inseperable

Thank you so much for understanding. Not many people do.

Do you think that that people in my OP are my friends?
Reply 61
Just out of interest - why do some people think that both people are my friends, some people think that only Person 2 is and some others think neither?
[QUOTE="Tomm98;75855500"]
Original post by tali22

Thank you so much for understanding. Not many people do.

Do you think that that people in my OP are my friends?

I think person 2 is definitely your friend, and person 1 could be your friend, it depends if thats the way they normally talk, if they are usually blunt and straight to the point then I would say person 1 is your friend, it appears that they are trying to be helpful but lack the emotional intelligence to say what they are trying to say in kinder words
Original post by Tomm98
Just out of interest - why do some people think that both people are my friends, some people think that only Person 2 is and some others think neither?

because both were being helpful, but person 2 was very very kind and person 1 was a little blunt, I have no idea why some voted neither
Reply 64
[QUOTE="tali22;75855686"]
Original post by Tomm98

I think person 2 is definitely your friend, and person 1 could be your friend, it depends if thats the way they normally talk, if they are usually blunt and straight to the point then I would say person 1 is your friend, it appears that they are trying to be helpful but lack the emotional intelligence to say what they are trying to say in kinder words

Yes, they normally are quite blunt.
[QUOTE="Tomm98;75855712"]
Original post by tali22

Yes, they normally are quite blunt.

if they are like that with everyone, meaning they speak to you the same way they speak to their friends or other people then I would say person 1 is your friend, so both are your friends
Reply 66
Original post by tali22
because both were being helpful, but person 2 was very very kind and person 1 was a little blunt, I have no idea why some voted neither

What does it mean to be blunt? Is it a bad thing? Does it just mean to the point?
Original post by Tomm98
What does it mean to be blunt? Is it a bad thing? Does it just mean to the point?

yeah and not very sensitive, they don't try to be nice they just say what they think or what they want
Reply 68
I just feel so lonely.
Reply 69
Original post by alrarity09
Do you have people that check up on your wellbeing regularly , or that you talk to daily?

I see my lecturers and seminar tutors and also other staff from the Uni. I very rarely (practically never - I can't remember the last time I did) engage in any social activities here, so have few friends to speak to in person.
Reply 70
How do you mean by 'regret to stop'? :smile:
You probably have more friends than you think you have. Friend is just a term for a person who you have mutual affection for. For example I like spending time with a friend of mine called Max. But we don't talk daily at school. We're still friends but we're not best friends or anything.
Reply 72
Original post by Amullai
You probably have more friends than you think you have. Friend is just a term for a person who you have mutual affection for. For example I like spending time with a friend of mine called Max. But we don't talk daily at school. We're still friends but we're not best friends or anything.

Ah - how often do you have to speak to people to remain friends? As I don't really speak to many people in person at my uni, I often think that everyone has forgotten me/i have no friends.
Original post by Tomm98
Ah - how often do you have to speak to people to remain friends? As I don't really speak to many people in person at my uni, I often think that everyone has forgotten me/i have no friends.

Well it depends. Once a month probably minimum.
Reply 74
Please can someone let me know what the phrase: caused a massive to do maens?
Reply 75
Please can someone let me know what the phrase: caused a massive to do means?
Reply 76
Reply 77
I feel lonely.
Reply 78
I am lonely and have no confidence to meet new people.
Reply 79
I am lonely.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending