Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter


    Currently l face a awkward situation regarding my student finance for 17/18. Basically l am repeating last years top up course BA in business as l could not complete. SFE have since said they will not award finance as it is a ELQ and l already have this qualification ( l dont as l didnt complete course).

    l have since sent in a cover letter and transcript to prove l didnt pass and for me not be classed as a ELQ student. My question is l have heard talk about CPR applications, but since being in contact with SFE they have never stated that l would need to submit this?

    Do l wait response on my evidence sent??

    •  Official Rep

     Official Rep
    Hi Joel,

    If you have evidence that clearly shows you didn't get your qualification then we would know that you don't have an ELQ so you would be eligible for funding. The type of funding you are entitled to would be affected by any previous study you have had.

    If this is the only time you have had to repeat a year and if the only course you have done is a foundation degree and your top up course then you wouldn't need to send in CPR evidence. You have an additional year's funding to fall back on for repeating your top up course which would be applied automatically once we process your evidence to show you don't have an ELQ. We will then assess your application for full funding.


Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 20, 2017

University open days

  1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.