Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I believe my aunt & cousin will make me squirm/hurt me today Watch

So today is Hindu new year.

Same date at my aunt's house last year, my cousin came into the living room and he immediately started talking to my sister saying "how was her run" then said something like "how is her marketing job going" and went on to say "women fancy guys at uni and women fancy him xyz" and a lot more saying "he's going to get a car next year" and how he's "the tallest of the family".

They completely cut me out and ignored me and the aunt, uncle kept starring at me.

It wasn't a good occasion for me.

The mom gossips a lot and the cousin is arrogant.

However, this year the tables have turned and I've been saying to his brother I'm going to be self employed in a month a couple of times and I know he's told my cousin and he's mother this information. They know this.

Knowing my cousin and he's mother, they will try to make me squirm and I also believe they will ignore me all the way through when I go to their house. It happened last time.

I'm wondering if the mom/aunt will say "what am I doing now" and I will say "going into self employment" I'd love to see their reaction!

Should I just stay relaxed and non reactive? I do believe they'll try their best to get a reaction out of me somehow.

ReputationRep:
    Just don't pay any attention to them. You know what your aunt and cousin are like. If they do ask you, answer their questions as calmly and confidently as you can.

Thank you for your comments!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 20, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.