Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Cambridge/ Imperial aerospace engineering course A-level's watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Are Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry suitable A-levels to get into a Cambridge/ Imperial aerospace engineering course? And would taking an EPQ count for anything?

ReputationRep:
    I'd say they're the perfect A Levels. For STEM, EPQ is seen as less valuable, I think you'd get an Imperial Offer (If you have good grades), but EPQ might help with Cambridge, but I doubt it. Only do an EPQ if there's something you're really interested in exploring further.

ReputationRep:
    I did exactly those A-Levels without an EPQ and got offers for both
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by ninja_34457)
    Are Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry suitable A-levels to get into a Cambridge/ Imperial aerospace engineering course? And would taking an EPQ count for anything?
    Yes. But you can happily drop Chemistry... quality not quantity: A*A*A is required, not A*AAB.

An EPQ is nice to have but will not be part of any offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    EPQ wouldn't count for much in terms of entry requirements but it will probably be useful for interviews, there are also a few universities which offer similar quality engineering courses that will drop their offers by a grade if you have an A in EPQ (although they also have grade requirements in the AAA-A*AA range so the usefulness of this for you is debatable, but at the same time you can't really predict A level grades when you're choosing A levels, so it's a good idea to consider that you will get predictions in that range).

It also provides some very useful skills for university study.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 21, 2017
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.