Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Cambridge/ Imperial aerospace engineering course A-level's Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Are Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry suitable A-levels to get into a Cambridge/ Imperial aerospace engineering course? And would taking an EPQ count for anything?

ReputationRep:
    I'd say they're the perfect A Levels. For STEM, EPQ is seen as less valuable, I think you'd get an Imperial Offer (If you have good grades), but EPQ might help with Cambridge, but I doubt it. Only do an EPQ if there's something you're really interested in exploring further.

ReputationRep:
    I did exactly those A-Levels without an EPQ and got offers for both
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ninja_34457)
    Are Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry suitable A-levels to get into a Cambridge/ Imperial aerospace engineering course? And would taking an EPQ count for anything?
    Yes. But you can happily drop Chemistry... quality not quantity: A*A*A is required, not A*AAB.

An EPQ is nice to have but will not be part of any offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    EPQ wouldn't count for much in terms of entry requirements but it will probably be useful for interviews, there are also a few universities which offer similar quality engineering courses that will drop their offers by a grade if you have an A in EPQ (although they also have grade requirements in the AAA-A*AA range so the usefulness of this for you is debatable, but at the same time you can't really predict A level grades when you're choosing A levels, so it's a good idea to consider that you will get predictions in that range).

It also provides some very useful skills for university study.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.