The Student Room Group

Weak GCSE’s but high predicted grades so no chance of getting into Oxbridge?

Hi guys,
I wanna study law and I got fairly alright GCSE’s but I really want to apply to one of the Oxbridge unis. In GCSE’s I got no A*’s and got AAAAAAAA in a very poor school where I was part of the first group to sit GCSE’s and in which my grades were good enough for the top 8%. In A2 I’m predicted A*A*A. Do you guys think it’s worth it to apply to Cambridgeshire Oxford? What about other high universities like KCL,UCL or LSE?
Original post by Markdownin
Hi guys,
I wanna study law and I got fairly alright GCSE’s but I really want to apply to one of the Oxbridge unis. In GCSE’s I got no A*’s and got AAAAAAAA in a very poor school where I was part of the first group to sit GCSE’s and in which my grades were good enough for the top 8%. In A2 I’m predicted A*A*A. Do you guys think it’s worth it to apply to Cambridgeshire Oxford? What about other high universities like KCL,UCL or LSE?

Oxford weighs GCSEs a lot more than Cambridge from what I've heard, so I would suggest looking into Cambridge instead of Oxford! If you came from a really really bad school then that will also help you, so don't worry about it too much. Just concentrate on acing the entrance tests (like LNAT) and getting high predictions and high A2 levels!!

Quick Reply

Latest