Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Halloween movies that are not scary. Watch

ReputationRep:
    I want to watch some halloween movies that are not scary, so no horror movies.Since I really don't like horror movies and don't watch them.Can anyone recommend me any movies to watch?

ReputationRep:
    Edit: I completely misread the OP, here's a few:

- Frankenweenie.
    - Corpse Bride.
    - Nightmare Before Christmas.
    - The Addams Family.

ReputationRep:
    Andeoh :e

ReputationRep:
    andeoh
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous1502)
    I want to watch some halloween movies that are not scary, so no horror movies.Since I really don't like horror movies and don't watch them.Can anyone recommend me any movies to watch?
    Guillermo del Toro's films strike a nice balance of supernatural elements and the occasional frightening moment without falling into full-on horror territory. Pan's Labyrinth is excellent if you don't mind subtitles, otherwise Crimson Peak is cool if you don't like scary films.

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone recommend any childhood halloween movies perhaps.I want to watch them with my sister and Im quite a nostalgic person so that would be great.But no movies that are too old.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Scary movies are not scary... I'm yet to watch a horror amd feel scared by the end of it.

ReputationRep:
    Scary movies? they are more comedy than scary

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shameful_burrito)
    Scary movies are not scary... I'm yet to watch a horror amd feel scared by the end of it.
    Maybe it's not about them being scary, but I just don't find horror movies enjoyable to watch at all and a lot of the stuff they show is crazy and just not stuff I'm interested in.

ReputationRep:
    I'd class nightmare before christmas as one tbh

ReputationRep:
    Beetlejuice as well maybe?
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Avaia)
    Scary movies? they are more comedy than scary
    I mean like horror genre
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    The Omen, it is one of the most disappointing 'horror' films I've ever seen. Its ok as a drama but not as a horror - quite dull and not scary in the slightest

ReputationRep:
    Halloween, the film itself, is not scary at all. All 'scares' are predictable, it may as well be a 12A film it's that tame. It is good fun though.
    Nightmare on Elm Street isn't scary at all, so camp and fun now
    Friday the 13th, see above except probably more fun. Really over the top stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous1502)
    (Original post by somemightsay888)
    Halloween, the film itself, is not scary at all. All 'scares' are predictable, it may as well be a 12A film it's that tame. It is good fun though.
    Nightmare on Elm Street isn't scary at all, so camp and fun now
    Friday the 13th, see above except probably more fun. Really over the top stuff.
    I would suggest the Goosebumps movie as although not to do with Halloween, it certainly reminds me of Halloween. :lol:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.