Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Has anyone appealed their final degree classification or know about doing it? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello, during University I went through a very traumatic experience in which I submitted evidence to my University about. I've received my final degree classification which is a 2.2 but I genuinely believe that had the event not occurred, I would have been able to achieve a 2.1. (My results before when were around 70% which is 2.1)

I would like to appeal my final degree classification, resubmitting the evidence that I provided initially.

My main concern is that realistically it is just a waste of time and I should just stick with what i've got which is not the worst thing in the world. I've just read about people managing to do it on here, but they were 1 or 2 & off the 2.1 mark whereas I was 5.

Has anyone done this before or know anything about doing this?

Thank you
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by AWhite0)
    Hello, during University I went through a very traumatic experience in which I submitted evidence to my University about. I've received my final degree classification which is a 2.2 but I genuinely believe that had the event not occurred, I would have been able to achieve a 2.1. (My results before when were around 70% which is 2.1)

I would like to appeal my final degree classification, resubmitting the evidence that I provided initially.

My main concern is that realistically it is just a waste of time and I should just stick with what i've got which is not the worst thing in the world. I've just read about people managing to do it on here, but they were 1 or 2 & off the 2.1 mark whereas I was 5.

Has anyone done this before or know anything about doing this?

Thank you
    Presumably its a stem subject as 70% in a non stem subject would be a first.

1. - Student handbook- department.
    Find out the uni rules on exam grading and degree classification. Normally online

2. Read them or talk to a student advisor, department, exam office to find the procedure for making an appeal- normally mitigating circumstances. Normally has to be submitted within X days of your result on a set form.

3. You must understand the rules as merely submitting the same evidence is unlikely to get you any further , hence reading the rules will help you draft your appeal.

4. Its just a case of submitting it and then waiting. nothing to lose, so id suggest doing it, but they may have already taken your claim into account , especially as you said youve previously submitted evidence?

You must look at the rules to id what your line of argument will be and it will need to have something they havent already considered. If you have already applied for MC they normally give you a reasoned answer.

If you apply then at least you will know you tried rather than always wonder.

Presumably its a stem subject?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for your feedback and advice. I was quite hesitant to read it because people can be quite rude on here so I appreciate your nice and helpful advice, I will take all of those things into consideration.
    I’m not sure what a stem subject is but I was studying law
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Presumably its a stem subject as 70% in a non stem subject would be a first.

1. - Student handbook- department.
    Find out the uni rules on exam grading and degree classification. Normally online

2. Read them or talk to a student advisor, department, exam office to find the procedure for making an appeal- normally mitigating circumstances. Normally has to be submitted within X days of your result on a set form.

3. You must understand the rules as merely submitting the same evidence is unlikely to get you any further , hence reading the rules will help you draft your appeal.

4. Its just a case of submitting it and then waiting. nothing to lose, so id suggest doing it, but they may have already taken your claim into account , especially as you said youve previously submitted evidence?

You must look at the rules to id what your line of argument will be and it will need to have something they havent already considered. If you have already applied for MC they normally give you a reasoned answer.

If you apply then at least you will know you tried rather than always wonder.

Presumably its a stem subject?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.