ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanya_g)
    Hello, guys! So glad to see this thread, aah x

Course (because there are so many law-related courses): Straight law; M100
    Universities applied to: Oxford, UCL, Kings, LSE, QMUL
    IGCSEs (or equivalent): 7A*
    AS Levels (or equivalent): 4A*A
    A2 Predicted (or equivalent): 5A*
    Extracurricular activities: MUNs (not too actively), debating, editor for school newspaper, published author, few blogs, community service and unrelated - competitive dancer, national level sportswoman
    LNAT/Entrance Test (if applicable): took it on the 3rd of October, MCQ was pretty decent, messed up the essay- couldn't complete my conclusion 😭
    you have some brilliant grades! I'm from India too btw, and we have really similar extracurriculars Good luck with your application though, hopefully they wouldn't mind the incomplete essay thing, the rest of your application is super competitive xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by budumbumtsh)
    you have some brilliant grades! I'm from India too btw, and we have really similar extracurriculars Good luck with your application though, hopefully they wouldn't mind the incomplete essay thing, the rest of your application is super competitive xx
    thankyou so much! ooh that's cool, where are you from in india? i hope they can overlook it ugh x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pineapplepine)
    Hey! Also a Canadian applicant here for Law at Oxford,LSE, Durham, Manchester and UCL. Predicted average of 95%. What college did you apply to at Oxford? I'm losing my mind waiting on an interview reply loll
    Lol me too... We will probably hear back right at the end of November.

I applied to Hertford, how about you?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys!
    Universities: Oxford, LSE, UCL, KCL, Durham
    *I took APs instead of A Levels, which is kinda worrying me because they're on a scale of 1-5, and idk if oxford views APs as easier to score well on than A levels :/ do you guys know anything about this
    LNAT: taken Oct 13

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anniel26)
    Hi guys!
    Universities: Oxford, LSE, UCL, KCL, Durham
    *I took APs instead of A Levels, which is kinda worrying me because they're on a scale of 1-5, and idk if oxford views APs as easier to score well on than A levels :/ do you guys know anything about this
    LNAT: taken Oct 13
    AP's are noted as equal to A levels for their entry requirements (though some dispute their equal worth) so for Oxford (and pretty much all that you are applying for) require 3 x AP's at 5 AND an SAT(R) at over 1370-1470/1600, except Durham who do not ask for the SAT.

What AP's do you have already, and what are you predicted? As all the Uni's you have applied to require the LNAT, it will depend on that score and your personal statement to get you an offer.

Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

I am from Canada, completing an undergraduate degree in commerce majoring in accounting, A-average.

I have a year of international work experience at PwC Australia and did a study abroad at Oxford and received two firsts on my reports there.

I have applied to KCL and LSE.

Does anyone know if I am competitive for LSE?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infiinitee_)
    Yay finally an international applicant threat

Course (because there are so many law-related courses): M100 (just straight law)
    Universities applied to: Oxford, LSE, UCL, KCL, QMUL
    IGCSEs (or equivalent): 7A*s, 2As (not Oxford impressive I know)
    AS Levels (or equivalent): N/A (IBDP)
    A2 Predicted (or equivalent): HL: 776 (History, English Lang&Lit, Chem), SL: 777 (Bio, Maths, Chinese B), TOK: A, EE: A, 44/45
    Extra curricular activities: Student council secretary, lead in school play last year, basketball team member, Yearbook Head of Journalism, Head Girl in Y10/11, 3 week attachment at local law firm etc.
    LNAT/Entrance Test (if applicable): Took the LNAT on the 17th of Oct. Bombed it

Has anyone heard back from QMUL? I know some people have gotten responses but they're all home students. I was wondering if any international applicants have gotten it yet? I'm getting so anxious
    LSE and Oxford rejection this week 🙃

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infiinitee_)
    LSE and Oxford rejection this week 🙃
    Hey. I am sorry to hear that. I got rejected from Oxford too. When were you put into further assessment by LSE, if you don't mind me asking. Also, what reason did they give? Which are the other places you've apllied to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdvocateDevereux)
    Hey. I am sorry to hear that. I got rejected from Oxford too. When were you put into further assessment by LSE, if you don't mind me asking. Also, what reason did they give? Which are the other places you've apllied to?

I think on the 16th of October? Around that week. The reason they give was personal statement and that was about it :/ I've applied to QMUL, UCL and KCL.

ReputationRep:

Course (because there are so many law-related courses): LLB and Graduate LLB

Universities applied to: Bristol, Kent, Leicester, Nottingham and York

IGCSEs (or equivalent): 7A* 4A

AS Levels (or equivalent): aabb

A2 Predicted (or equivalent): ABC

Extra curricular activities: faculty student mentor, features editor of university newspaper, external language learning courses, law internship

LNAT/Entrance Test (if applicable): 9 September

ReputationRep:
    Offer from KCL a few days ago

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm Liv and my details might vary as I'm doing a transfer program, hence I'll only be going to the UK for my 3rd year

Course (because there are so many law-related courses): M100
    Universities applied to: Cardiff, Essex, Liverpool, Northumbria Trent (only had 11 choices to choose from :/)
    1st Year (or equivalent): 4B+
    2nd Year: 2A 2B+
    Extra curricular activities:
    - Internship with law firms
    - MUN
    - Part of the swim team in high school
    - One of the 4 Head Leaders in school
    - House representative
    - Part of the cast for a musical
    - Treasurer for Choir Club
    LNAT/Entrance Test (if applicable): not applicable

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.