The Student Room Group

Attempt at passing A-Levels

Scroll to see replies

Original post by colivia12
I’m not going to say it’s easy(it’s far from that) but I’ve always loved science and that’s what I was interested in so it was just a natural choice. What subjects are you taking?

I’m not coping 100% but it feels good to get on top of everything, I’m guessing you’re year 13? How are you finding it? Xx

As long as you’re enjoying your subjects that’s what matters! I took Maths, Further Maths and Computer Science so we don’t share any subjects! :woo:

And yeah I’m Year 13, I find I’m doing well so far, the workload isn’t anywhere near what I thought it would be just yet so it’s all good! xx
Hey, I'm also a vet med hopeful! Good luck this year :smile:
Reply 22
Original post by EmilySarah00
As long as you’re enjoying your subjects that’s what matters! I took Maths, Further Maths and Computer Science so we don’t share any subjects! :woo:

And yeah I’m Year 13, I find I’m doing well so far, the workload isn’t anywhere near what I thought it would be just yet so it’s all good! xx

That sounds so hard, I could never do that 😂 That’s good, I was expecting a lot of work but I wasn’t really prepared for it but it’s getting better now xx
Definitely watching this GYG thread as us vet med applicants need to stick together (far too many med applicants on this forum 😂)
Reply 24
Original post by OrangeArcher
Definitely watching this GYG thread as us vet med applicants need to stick together (far too many med applicants on this forum 😂)

Hope you enjoy😊(why are there so many?😂)
Hope you enjoy😊(why are there so many?😂)

There are so many as it is such a respected degree... Nah I'm kidding. There's a lot as it is really competitive and there are 4 times as many med schools as vet schools.
Reply 26
Original post by buzzyambee
Hey, I'm also a vet med hopeful! Good luck this year :smile:

Thanks! You too 😊
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 27
Hello! I am now a biology captain 😊 I had 2 study periods today and I managed to get everything ticked off my to do list- some physics questions and I finished my biology homework. I also had a chemistry test today and it was hard and I don’t think I did very well but I’ll find out on Monday.

My revision tip of the day is... plan your revision and set yourself reasonable targets and goals. I find that writing myself a mini to do list for each free period works well and then I reward myself after a certain amount of work.

This evening I have been working on my EP and I’ve got quite a lot done so far but I have miles still to go.
Hi! Yes, I’m year 12, that’s really cool, I’ll probably need a lot of help, how are you finding them? 😂 what other subject(s) are you taking? 😊

wayyyy I'm in Year 12 too!! I'm taking Maths, FM, Chem and Physics tho.

I’m kinda surprised that I’m updating it again so soon, I know I said every evening but I didn’t think that was realistic but here I am...

Today I had a physics test which went surprisingly well, I got a B which I’m happy about. I also finished my chemistry homework, did my biology homework and accidentally did the next biology homework as well and I finished reading my book (Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell) if anyone has any book suggestions I would love to hear them 😊

Tomorrow I’m going to a motivational talk so fingers crossed I’ll find some motivation and get all my work done, hope your studies are going well😘

Well done on your Physics test!! I love that book, it's so cute!!

By the way, I love your blog! I like the way you put your updates into short bits. that makes your blog really easy to read :smile:
Reply 29
Original post by nyxnko_
Well done on your Physics test!! I love that book, it's so cute!!

By the way, I love your blog! I like the way you put your updates into short bits. that makes your blog really easy to read :smile:

Thank you 😊 it’s such a good book that I’ve been struggling to get into other books since, thank you! I’ll try and keep it updated regularly 😊
Reply 30
Today was very productive and I got everything on my to do list done by about 5pm which was good😊 this evening I have applied to a new job which I’m pretty excited about, written my letter of resignation and organised my science tutoring for the next couple months.
My plan for tomorrow is to revise for my biology test on Monday because I have no lessons. Hope your days were good and productive ❤️
Today was very productive and I got everything on my to do list done by about 5pm which was good😊 this evening I have applied to a new job which I’m pretty excited about, written my letter of resignation and organised my science tutoring for the next couple months.
My plan for tomorrow is to revise for my biology test on Monday because I have no lessons. Hope your days were good and productive ❤️

I've been cramming for my biology test tomorrow so I would say my days been pretty productive.
Reply 32
I've been cramming for my biology test tomorrow so I would say my days been pretty productive.

What’s the test on?
What’s the test on?

Cell structure and division.
Reply 34
Cell structure and division.

On fun, I have that coming up
Reply 35
I just realised that I didn’t post last night so yesterday I mainly revised for my biology test on Monday and then at lunch time I did some chemistry tutoring. Normally we have small groups of 4-6 but yesterday about 14 year 10s turned up which was kinda crazy but also really fun and we made it work!
I just realised that I didn’t post last night so yesterday I mainly revised for my biology test on Monday and then at lunch time I did some chemistry tutoring. Normally we have small groups of 4-6 but yesterday about 14 year 10s turned up which was kinda crazy but also really fun and we made it work!

that tutoring thing is really cool. we have something similar in our school but they force the year 10s and 11s to go so most of them are like, what? i don't need help. so we just end up doing nothing for half an hour. :frown:
Reply 37
Original post by nyxnko_
that tutoring thing is really cool. we have something similar in our school but they force the year 10s and 11s to go so most of them are like, what? i don't need help. so we just end up doing nothing for half an hour. :frown:

That’s rubbish ☹️ the people I tutor want to do better so it’s quite good because they’re pretty eager to learn
That’s rubbish ☹️ the people I tutor want to do better so it’s quite good because they’re pretty eager to learn

i know. the tutors want to tutor but the students don't want to learn :frown:
maybe it'll be better next term after mocks when they realise that there's only 6 months til the end and if they don't keep up, they're going to fail.
Reply 39
Original post by nyxnko_
i know. the tutors want to tutor but the students don't want to learn :frown:
maybe it'll be better next term after mocks when they realise that there's only 6 months til the end and if they don't keep up, they're going to fail.

Probably, most people realise they actually have to work after they fail mocks so I hope they are more eager next term.

Quick Reply

Latest