Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm in year 12. I received 5a*'s, 6A grades at gcse and come from a working class underperforming background

I study English Literature, Psychology, Biology at A Level. To which I believe I can get 2A*s and an A.

What can I do to boost my application and anything that is suitable for getting the best possible chance?

ReputationRep:
    You're on track to get the grades you need - so that's the most important thing!

Other things you should do is any reading around the subject you're interested in applying to - it doesn't need to be particularly academic, but say if there's a magazine or other things you can read to just broaden your knowledge that's a great start. You don't *need* extracurriculars/sports/etc or work experience. The things you read you should genuinely find interesting, and be happy to talk about them if you put it in your personal statement and get asked about them at interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paralove)
    You're on track to get the grades you need - so that's the most important thing!

Other things you should do is any reading around the subject you're interested in applying to - it doesn't need to be particularly academic, but say if there's a magazine or other things you can read to just broaden your knowledge that's a great start. You don't *need* extracurriculars/sports/etc or work experience. The things you read you should genuinely find interesting, and be happy to talk about them if you put it in your personal statement and get asked about them at interview.
    Anything you recommend reading
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VVDOOMVV)
    Anything you recommend reading
    You don't have to read all of them....

https://www.pbs.tripos.cam.ac.uk/pro.../faq#section-8

More importantly, read things that interest *you*.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I recommend you get a membership with the BPS That way you can keep up with new issues and you can access the monthly newsletter

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.