The Student Room Group

2:1 from Edinburgh Uni or 1st from Edinburgh Napier?

Hello!

So I’ve always wanted to go to the university of Edinburgh, but due to some health issues in my final year of high school I wasn’t able to get the grades I needed to attend. I took a gap year and got a job at Lloyds and reapplied but only to Edinburgh Napier as I didn’t think I’d have a chance with UoE. Fast forward to now, I’m in 2nd year and my first year results were high enough to be averaged out at a First.

Now, my dilemma is if I was to transfer to Edinburgh is it worth it now? Since I’d be in my 3rd year and I can definitely guarantee I probably wouldn’t get a first at UoE, I could probably get a second though. Which would be more beneficial?

A 2:1 at a RG university or a 1st at a top 10 ranked modern university?

I know I definitely want to do a Masters and definitely want to do it at UoE. Also another big factor is the fact that I want to study abroad Napier doesn’t have the best choices on the East Coast which is where I definitely want to go as my boyfriend is studying in Boston right now.

What would you do?
If you want to progress into further education stay with the first at the not so renowned uni, then after you get your masters you will have prestige alongside good qualifications.

Quick Reply

Latest