The Student Room Group

Course to become a travel agent?

Hi everyone,

I would like to become a travel agent and work in a travel agency in future (I graduated with a Tourism and hospitality diploma, but I want to step further with my knowledge), but I cannot find a course that can lead me to this path.

Do you have any recommendations? Any experience to share? Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by whooki
Hi everyone,

I would like to become a travel agent and work in a travel agency in future (I graduated with a Tourism and hospitality diploma, but I want to step further with my knowledge), but I cannot find a course that can lead me to this path.

Do you have any recommendations? Any experience to share? Thanks!

You don't need to do a particular course. Any subject is fine (e.g. Business Management, Marketing, Maths, Biology or even something out of the blue such as David Beckham Studies). What is highly looked for is some experience in customer services or any public job which includes interacting with people, and the necessary skills:

β€’

-communication skills (both oral and written);

β€’

-an outgoing, confident and energetic personality;

β€’

-stamina and enthusiasm;

β€’

-listening and negotiation skills;

β€’

-a commitment to high levels of customer service;

β€’

-teamworking ability;

β€’

-a good sense of humour;

β€’

-planning and organisational skills;

β€’

-flexibility;

β€’

-common sense;

β€’

-a friendly and approachable manner;

β€’

-problem-solving ability;

β€’

-a hands-on and proactive approach.

Reply 2
Thanks for your advice!

I have tried to apply for some positions in a travel agency, but they require candidates with knowledge of software like Sabre or Amadeus.
Reply 3
Original post by whooki
Thanks for your advice!

I have tried to apply for some positions in a travel agency, but they require candidates with knowledge of software like Sabre or Amadeus.

Lookf for ARC or BSP accredited online courses to get a verified certificate of it Sabre or Amadeus.

Also if you search for trainee job within travel agencies, they supply training and certificate for these courses.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest