The Student Room Group

What top universities should I apply to with these GCSE’s?

Hi guys,
I wanna study law and I got fairly alright GCSE’s but I really want to apply to one of the Oxbridge unis. In GCSE’s I got no A*’s and got AAAAAAAA in a very poor school where I was part of the first group to sit GCSE’s and in which my grades were good enough for the top 8%. In A2 I’m predicted A*A*A. Do you guys think it’s worth it to apply to Cambridgeshire Oxford? What about other high universities like KCL,UCL or LSE? Realistically which ones do I have a high chance of getting offers from?
Original post by Markdownin
Hi guys,
I wanna study law and I got fairly alright GCSE’s but I really want to apply to one of the Oxbridge unis. In GCSE’s I got no A*’s and got AAAAAAAA in a very poor school where I was part of the first group to sit GCSE’s and in which my grades were good enough for the top 8%. In A2 I’m predicted A*A*A. Do you guys think it’s worth it to apply to Cambridgeshire Oxford? What about other high universities like KCL,UCL or LSE? Realistically which ones do I have a high chance of getting offers from?

Yes. With very good GCSE grades and an amazing A2 prediction, you will be fine. Make sure your PS is fab as well.
Reply 2
Original post by thegalaxy
Yes. With very good GCSE grades and an amazing A2 prediction, you will be fine. Make sure your PS is fab as well.

Do u think my GCSE’s are very good in relation to other applicants to competitive unis?
Do u think my GCSE’s are very good in relation to other applicants to competitive unis?

Yes they are very good. Some unis do look at your results (both GCSE and AS/A) in context, that means if you did particularly well compared to the average for your school.

Have a look at this: https://uni-of-oxford.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1067/~/are-my-gcse-results-good-enough-for-oxford%3F

That’s not what matters, they look at your secondary school as well and their performance. I know people that go to my sixth form (a private one) that got all A’s and chances are unis would pick you over those people as you managed to get good results from a crappy school
You're taking the piss right
if you're in year 12 there's no way you can predict those grades this early

Quick Reply

Latest