Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello!!! Just wondering is anyone applying to Marine Biology for 2018 Sept??

I have applied to Hull, Newcastle, Swansea, Portsmouth and Bangor.

My predicted are BBC but I did well in my GCSEs, Newcastle may seem to be a low chance so fingers crossed!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kelseymansum)
    Hello!!! Just wondering is anyone applying to Marine Biology for 2018 Sept??

I have applied to Hull, Newcastle, Swansea, Portsmouth and Bangor.

My predicted are BBC but I did well in my GCSEs, Newcastle may seem to be a low chance so fingers crossed!
    The general thread is here

ReputationRep:
    Hello! I applied for:

Marine Bio MSc at Southampton
    Marine bio and oceanography Bsc at Southampton
    Marine bio at Plymouth
    Marine bio and oceanography at Plymouth Marine bio at Exeter

Heard from all with acceptance offers except Exeter.

ReputationRep:
    ??
    (Original post by ellen_parry99)
    Hello! I applied for:

Marine Bio MSc at Southampton
    Marine bio and oceanography Bsc at Southampton
    Marine bio at Plymouth
    Marine bio and oceanography at Plymouth Marine bio at Exeter

Heard from all with acceptance offers except Exeter.
    I applied for:

Marine Bio MSci at Southampton
    Marine Bio and Oceanography Bsc at Southampton
    Marine Bio at Plymouth
    Marine Bio at Exeter (Msci and Bsc)

What were your offers? I just submitted my application the other day so I haven't heard back yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mandmdye)
    ??I applied for:

Marine Bio MSci at Southampton
    Marine Bio and Oceanography Bsc at Southampton
    Marine Bio at Plymouth
    Marine Bio at Exeter (Msci and Bsc)

What were your offers? I just submitted my application the other day so I haven't heard back yet.
    128 Ucas points from both courses at Plymouth.
    AAB for the masters at Southampton
    ABB for the Bsc marine bio and oceanography

I got both from Plymouth the day after and Southampton took just over a week.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    128 Ucas points from both courses at Plymouth.
    AAB for the masters at Southampton
    ABB for the Bsc marine bio and oceanography

I got both from Plymouth the day after and Southampton took just over a week.
    Congratulations! Which one is your first choice? The Southampton Msci program is my first choice.

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations! Which one is your first choice? The Southampton Msci program is my first choice.
    Thank you! I’m going to firm Southampton masters and insure the bachelors I think. So I’m not too bothered about hearing from Exeter if they reject me or accept me

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! I’m going to firm Southampton masters and insure the bachelors I think. So I’m not too bothered about hearing from Exeter if they reject me or accept me
    That is great! Hopefully, if I get into Southampton I will see you on campus. If all goes well, I was going firm Southampton and my insurance was Plymouth.

ReputationRep:
    That is great! Hopefully, if I get into Southampton I will see you on campus. If all goes well, I was going firm Southampton and my insurance was Plymouth.
    All the best! I thought about doing that but Because I did an EPQ Southampton can likely accept me if I didn’t meet the grades for the bachelors...

ReputationRep:
    All the best! I thought about doing that but Because I did an EPQ Southampton can likely accept me if I didn’t meet the grades for the bachelors...
    I was really impressed with Southampton's facilities, but I also like Plymouth's professional diving course. I would honestly be very happy at all three Universities (Southampton, Exeter or Plymouth) but for different reasons. Congratulations again

ReputationRep:
    Hi there
    I have applied to newcastle, Bangor, Exeter, St. Andrews and Essex. I have received offers from Bangor and Newcastle

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thunderheart5)
    Hi there
    I have applied to newcastle, Bangor, Exeter, St. Andrews and Essex. I have received offers from Bangor and Newcastle
    That is awesome! Congratulations! What is your first choice?

Since my first post, I received offers from Southampton, Exeter and Plymouth for all of the programs I applied for. I received the offers about a week after I submitted my application (if anyone is interested in how long it took the Universities to review my application and are waiting for responses to their own applications). I didn't check UCAS for a week after I submitted my application because I was away on a school trip. I know it is nerve-wracking waiting for a response, so I was trying not to think about it while I was away!

ReputationRep:
    That is awesome! Congratulations! What is your first choice?

Since my first post, I received offers from Southampton, Exeter and Plymouth for all of the programs I applied for. I received the offers about a week after I submitted my application (if anyone is interested in how long it took the Universities to review my application and are waiting for responses to their own applications). I didn't check UCAS for a week after I submitted my application because I was away on a school trip. I know it is nerve-wracking waiting for a response, so I was trying not to think about it while I was away!
    So far my first choice is Newcastle, even though I got the same offer of grades from Bangor and Newcastle, but Bangor wanted an A in biology

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thunderheart5)
    So far my first choice is Newcastle, even though I got the same offer of grades from Bangor and Newcastle, but Bangor wanted an A in biology
    My first choice is Southampton's Msci program, but Exter's offer was a bit harder. Southampton wanted 17 points total for my 3 HL IB subjects, but Exeter wanted 6,6,6 = 18 points for my HL IB subjects. Both wanted 34 IB points overall. I was more worried about Southampton's offer when I applied because I really like their facilities and program.

Good luck with Newcastle! I have heard Bangor's program is really good too, but I didn't get a chance to visit there.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Life Sciences Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.