Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    .................ignore this thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pringles06)
    I am in my third year at university, currently being mentored by a top organisation outside of uni, they are guiding me towards an accreditation thing, they set me tasks which I have to complete and they provided feedback and also guiding me towards the accreditation assessment.

This is a very rare opportunity and it takes commitment and hard work to balance everything out but I prioritise everything, do uni work first then the tasks. Start assingments early and do work on each thing every day. On top with the course work but my personal tutor seems annoyed about my outside stuff.

He says that university should be the top priority etc even if a lecturer sets work with a short notice period. I understand and I have done the said work and even have time left. Asked a question in relation to my career/outside work and he said it has nothing to do with the course.

I attend all my classes, do all my work in time, study etc. The stuff I am learning with the outside company links in with what I am currently learning in my modules. Some of its even the same! The only difference is that I am applying what I am learning from uni into use, I even understand things a lot more.

My programme leader is chuffed about it and the lectures. It just brings my mood down or makes me worry if I do take on too much, it makes me second guess myself when my personal tutor says things like that
    If it's not affecting your uni studies, then it should not be a problem whatsoever and your tutor shouldn't be bothered by it. In fact, you should be really proud of yourself for managing all this and working hard, and for having such a great opportunity that many would wish for.

If you feel that it's starting to get out of hand, you should probably contact the vice chancellor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kkboyk)
    If it's not affecting your uni studies, then it should not be a problem whatsoever and your tutor shouldn't be bothered by it. In fact, you should be really proud of yourself for managing all this and working hard, and for having such a great opportunity that many would wish for.

If you feel that it's starting to get out of hand, you should probably contact the vice chancellor.
    Thank you! I am able to balance everything out and there is no exact deadline for me to do the assessment outside my studies as my mentor said I am very young, most people don't do it until they are employed within the role so I can still continue with the outside work. Ever since I started third year I have been disappointed by the staff, one lecturer being rude to everyone, my tutor behaving like that and my other lecturer turned up to the actual 15 minutes late without any explanation. This class was in the afternoon as well so its not like she got caught in traffic

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.