The Student Room Group

Can i go to uni with 6 gcses

So i'm curretnly doing a-level chemistry , biology , and history with 6 gcses on me , my results were ABBBBCDE , can i still go to uni and do biomedicine or is there no chance even with good a-levels , help
Reply 1
Bump
Reply 2
anyone , plz ?
Of course you can
Reply 4
Original post by Emerald777O
Of course you can

i'm just worried , comparing everyone else in my class , be honest how much of a shot do i have here
You will be able to study Biomedical Sciences at uni with 6 GCSE's. Do you have A-C in English, Maths and Sciences?

I graduated with a degree in Biomedical Sciences so if you need any advice, you can ask me!
Universities look more at A-Levels than GCSEs mostly. If you smash your A-Levels, then hopefully they won't mind. As long as you got Bs or above in English and Maths it'll be fine. Possibly a B in a science subject too.
Reply 7
Original post by lalaland808
You will be able to study Biomedical Sciences at uni with 6 GCSE's. Do you have A-C in English, Maths and Sciences?

I graduated with a degree in Biomedical Sciences so if you need any advice, you can ask me!

yeh i got :

maths : A

science : BB

english lang : C (most concerned about)

i got a D in ict and a E in french , are these important
Reply 8
Original post by DrawTheLine
Universities look more at A-Levels than GCSEs mostly. If you smash your A-Levels, then hopefully they won't mind. As long as you got Bs or above in English and Maths it'll be fine. Possibly a B in a science subject too.

i got an A in maths , BB in science but a C in english (most frustrating because i was 3 away from a B , i sent for remark but it didnt change )
Original post by Anonymous
yeh i got :

maths : A

science : BB

english lang : C (most concerned about)

i got a D in ict and a E in french , are these important

That's fine for Biomedical Sciences at most universities you just need to be predicted ABB-AAA predictions in your A-Levels and you can study in practically every uni.
That's fine for Biomedical Sciences at most universities you just need to be predicted ABB-AAA predictions in your A-Levels and you can study in practically every uni.

hm ok then , glad to know that i'm not screwed over yet , i've been working really hard on my a-levels from the start which has been proved successful by my teachers so far
Original post by Anonymous
hm ok then , glad to know that i'm not screwed over yet , i've been working really hard on my a-levels from the start which has been proved successful by my teachers so far

That is really good news!
That is really good news!

thank you for the advice

Quick Reply