Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I took the SAT with essay in October and I got 1460 (680 in reading and writing and 780 in maths) but I want to apply to some Ivy League unis for 2018. Would it be worth taking the SAT again in December to increase my reading and writing score or would it be better to take the SAT subject tests and how helpful is it to have the subject tests?

ReputationRep:
    Subject tests aren't required, but can show an inclination towards a specific field.

Honestly, I would say work on your SAT scores first and foremost. They have a more important part in the admissions process than SAT IIs (for the most part, SAT IIs topics should be very similar to an A Level course).

ReputationRep:
    Yes definitely, most ivy leagues require you to take 2 subject tests so you definitely should take them. Keep in mind that the scores aren't really used as a part of the admissions proccess but after you get accepted for placement in certain classes, nevertheless you need to take them

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.