Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I never did well in secondary school to be honest I just don't like studying it just don't work out for me I have no interest in it and I can't motivate myself to study at a college now I have no GCSEs but I want to do an apprenticeship do you guys know any apprenticeship that I can start from and build up in ict and engineering or car related ?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Bump
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stack__)
    x
    Moved to Apprenticeships and alternatives to university.

ReputationRep:
    https://www.notgoingtouni.co.uk/sector/engineering

ReputationRep:
    Not a helpful site as all of those apprenticeship wants GCSEs
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Not a helpful site as all of those apprenticeship wants GCSEs
    Unfortunately,you need at least Maths and English GCSE for any job these days.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DreamlinerFinder)
    Unfortunately,you need at least Maths and English GCSE for any job these days.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I guess I'm ****ed in life then...

ReputationRep:
    I never did well in secondary school to be honest I just don't like studying it just don't work out for me I have no interest in it and I can't motivate myself to study at a college now I have no GCSEs but I want to do an apprenticeship do you guys know any apprenticeship that I can start from and build up in ict and engineering or car related ?
    You can start off by volunteering in a sector you are interested in? And if that company sees you can do the job to their standards then they may offer you a job?

It's a starting point.

ReputationRep:
    Have you thought of re-sitting the necessary exams that you need?

ReputationRep:
    Have a look on the government apprenticeship website, they have loads in lots of different subjects.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cmurphy21)
    Have you thought of re-sitting the necessary exams that you need?
    No that's thing I don't like it and I don't want to do it I can't revise I get bored very quickly

ReputationRep:
    I try so hard to study but I can't my brain just doesn't enjoy it so I can't do well I just don't like it so I'm looking for alternatives this government gives no choice to people that don't want to study for an example apprenticeship should have no requirements why you ask? Because we learn the job we know how to do the job I can see why maths and English is required but that should be for certain apprenticeships not all of them
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

Have you tried looking at the Find an Apprenticeship vacancy search site? Here they hold thousands of live apprenticeship vacanices, I would suggest searching for an Intermediate apprenticeship to start.

Here's the link:
    https://www.findapprenticeship.servi...ticeshipsearch

When searching through the vacancies they may mention GCSE's however some say 'desired but not required'

Hope this helps
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Could look at Level 1 apprenticeships, all of them will include an element of studying, you're just going to have to suck it up I'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    HAHA u stupid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sendnudez69)
    HAHA u stupid
    Thank you bro

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tubbz)
    Could look at Level 1 apprenticeships, all of them will include an element of studying, you're just going to have to suck it up I'm afraid.
    Yeah I'm gonna look for an apprenticeship if I can't find one I guess Ima just have to get my **** together and start loving studying lol
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm gonna look for an apprenticeship if I can't find one I guess Ima just have to get my **** together and start loving studying lol
    Apprenticeships aren't really the easy option, to avoid studying, it's just a different way of studying. For pretty much every job now you need some kind of qualification.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tubbz)
    Apprenticeships aren't really the easy option, to avoid studying, it's just a different way of studying. For pretty much every job now you need some kind of qualification.
    Yeah I know but I rather do apprenticeship

ReputationRep:
    Thank you bro
    any time buddy

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Apprenticeship zone:

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Zone

All you need to know about higher and degree apprenticeships.

GIGF logo

Meet the apprentices

Read these case studies from real apprentices to hear the truth about what it's like!

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Vacancies

Find the latest higher and degree apprenticeship opportunities.

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick links:

Unanswered apprenticeships and alternatives to university threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.