I need help badly... Watch

stack__
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I never did well in secondary school to be honest I just don't like studying it just don't work out for me I have no interest in it and I can't motivate myself to study at a college now I have no GCSEs but I want to do an apprenticeship do you guys know any apprenticeship that I can start from and build up in ict and engineering or car related ?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
stack__
Rep:
?
Bump
Michiyo
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by stack__)
x
Moved to Apprenticeships and alternatives to university.
Avaia
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
https://www.notgoingtouni.co.uk/sector/engineering
stack__
Rep:
?
Not a helpful site as all of those apprenticeship wants GCSEs
Basiil17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Not a helpful site as all of those apprenticeship wants GCSEs
Unfortunately,you need at least Maths and English GCSE for any job these days.

Posted from TSR Mobile
stack__
Rep:
?
(Original post by DreamlinerFinder)
Unfortunately,you need at least Maths and English GCSE for any job these days.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I guess I'm ****ed in life then...
username1402543
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I never did well in secondary school to be honest I just don't like studying it just don't work out for me I have no interest in it and I can't motivate myself to study at a college now I have no GCSEs but I want to do an apprenticeship do you guys know any apprenticeship that I can start from and build up in ict and engineering or car related ?
You can start off by volunteering in a sector you are interested in? And if that company sees you can do the job to their standards then they may offer you a job?

It's a starting point.
username3529814
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Have you thought of re-sitting the necessary exams that you need?
ScienceLover98
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Have a look on the government apprenticeship website, they have loads in lots of different subjects.
stack__
Rep:
?
(Original post by cmurphy21)
Have you thought of re-sitting the necessary exams that you need?
No that's thing I don't like it and I don't want to do it I can't revise I get bored very quickly
stack__
Rep:
?
I try so hard to study but I can't my brain just doesn't enjoy it so I can't do well I just don't like it so I'm looking for alternatives this government gives no choice to people that don't want to study for an example apprenticeship should have no requirements why you ask? Because we learn the job we know how to do the job I can see why maths and English is required but that should be for certain apprenticeships not all of them
Apprenticeships Advice
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi there,

Have you tried looking at the Find an Apprenticeship vacancy search site? Here they hold thousands of live apprenticeship vacanices, I would suggest searching for an Intermediate apprenticeship to start.

Here's the link:
https://www.findapprenticeship.servi...ticeshipsearch

When searching through the vacancies they may mention GCSE's however some say 'desired but not required'

Hope this helps
Tubbz
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Could look at Level 1 apprenticeships, all of them will include an element of studying, you're just going to have to suck it up I'm afraid.
sendnudez69
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
HAHA u stupid
stack__
Rep:
?
(Original post by sendnudez69)
HAHA u stupid
Thank you bro
stack__
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tubbz)
Could look at Level 1 apprenticeships, all of them will include an element of studying, you're just going to have to suck it up I'm afraid.
Yeah I'm gonna look for an apprenticeship if I can't find one I guess Ima just have to get my **** together and start loving studying lol
Tubbz
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yeah I'm gonna look for an apprenticeship if I can't find one I guess Ima just have to get my **** together and start loving studying lol
Apprenticeships aren't really the easy option, to avoid studying, it's just a different way of studying. For pretty much every job now you need some kind of qualification.
stack__
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tubbz)
Apprenticeships aren't really the easy option, to avoid studying, it's just a different way of studying. For pretty much every job now you need some kind of qualification.
Yeah I know but I rather do apprenticeship
sendnudez69
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thank you bro
any time buddy
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (140)
18.4%
No (461)
60.58%
Not really bothered about them (160)
21.02%

Watched Threads