Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I hate my job but i need the money. Watch

About 5 weeks ago I started a domiciliary care job. This means I care for people in their own homes. This

The reason why I hate my job is because of certain clients needs being too much and the fact that I have to travel a lot from place A to place B then to place C and I do not drive. The jurneys themselves make me sick sometimes. I also sometimes do not like the people I work with if I have to be pared up with someone.

I am doing this job because I am on a gap year and want the relevant skills and experience needed to work in the Health and Social care sector possibly in the near future(I am still not sure if university is for me)

The thing is when I started is was not half as bad but now the manager seems to be putting me on call like today because the agency is short of staff.

I am not superman, I do not drive, it will obviously take me more than 15 mins to get to each clients house by busy especially on rainy days like last week or days where there is a lot of traffic.

My parents want me to stick it out because they do not work at the present moment and we are kind of in a financial limbo.

If I was to apply for a new job it could take ages and it I know it is better to stay rather than quit suddenly as I only started a few weeks ago.

I guess beggars cannot be choosers

I don't know what outcome to expect out of this thread but I guess I just wanted to let my feelings out in writing.

Any advice will be much appreciated in advance.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    About 5 weeks ago I started a domiciliary care job. This means I care for people in their own homes. This

The reason why I hate my job is because of certain clients needs being too much and the fact that I have to travel a lot from place A to place B then to place C and I do not drive. The jurneys themselves make me sick sometimes. I also sometimes do not like the people I work with if I have to be pared up with someone.

I am doing this job because I am on a gap year and want the relevant skills and experience needed to work in the Health and Social care sector possibly in the near future(I am still not sure if university is for me)

The thing is when I started is was not half as bad but now the manager seems to be putting me on call like today because the agency is short of staff.

I am not superman, I do not drive, it will obviously take me more than 15 mins to get to each clients house by busy especially on rainy days like last week or days where there is a lot of traffic.

My parents want me to stick it out because they do not work at the present moment and we are kind of in a financial limbo.

If I was to apply for a new job it could take ages and it I know it is better to stay rather than quit suddenly as I only started a few weeks ago.

I guess beggars cannot be choosers

I don't know what outcome to expect out of this thread but I guess I just wanted to let my feelings out in writing.

Any advice will be much appreciated in advance.
    Stick it out if you can whilst applying to other jobs, perhaps a care home job with no travelling would be a better idea?

(Original post by claireestelle)
    Stick it out if you can whilst applying to other jobs, perhaps a care home job with no travelling would be a better idea?
    I have heard that care home/ nursing home jobs are even more stressful as you work with more people and there is lots to do.

I am really in a limbo

ReputationRep:
    Dear Friend! Hectic commuting and lousy bosses are very common phenomenon in jobs now a days. Which makes it feel like hell even the job you really love. I had pretty much same experience many times that you shared. I love work, my profession but high targets and unnecessary taunting behavior of the bosses put me under so much pressure that I had to leave the jobs one after another. Therefore, I decided to turn the wheel, and decided to live on my own terms. There are some very good online business opportunities that you can consider. Especially when you don't drive it would be luxury to work while staying at home and avoiding all the travelling hassle. If you need any help to make a best choice, please let me know. Syed Fuzailfacebook: abdullah Fuzailskype: abdullah.fuzail

Grin and bear it like most of the world does

it will get better, nothing stays the same forever

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 14, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.