grab the champagnes motherfcukers

6599 USD now

by 2018 it will hit 10 k usd

no cham for moi, altcoins are tanking like crazy

bitcoin 12k imo, just a wild guess cba doing analysis
Thoughts on ETH's long term potential?
Original post by Ganjaweed Rebel
Thoughts on ETH's long term potential?

Considering it's the platform for all the ERC20 tokens, I think it has the best long term potential out of all the high caps maybe with the exception of Litecoin
Original post by Trihawk7
no cham for moi, altcoins are tanking like crazy

bitcoin 12k imo, just a wild guess cba doing analysis

i've not seen the TA but my hypothesis is bitcoin and altcoins are reacts off one another (inversely proportional)

if bitcoin receives money, altcoin will be losing money. if bitcoin loses money, the money will flow to altcoin.

all these happens as the crypto market cap increases overall
Original post by Ninja Squirrel
Bitcoin breaks the much anticipated $6000 barrier to reach a new all time high. The cryptocurrency has increased nearly 700% since January 2017. Many financial professionals predict that bitcoin could reach $250,000 by 2025.

There has been a massive boom in cryptocurrencies this year with several increasing by thousands of percent. Since bitcoins inception in 2009 the price has risen from $0.008 to $6000 which means it has increased by over 75,000,000%

What does the future of cryptocurrency look like? It is one huge bubble ready to come crashing down at any moment or is it the future of finance, cryptography and economics?

Many believe blockchain technology is the Web 3.0 with smart contracts, decentralised distributed servers and near limitless millisecond transaction speeds.

What are your thoughts?

The answer you will get from me is the only reasonable answer anyone can give.

No one knows, it’s a complete bet. The currency could be worth literally nothing or it could be everything.
Original post by paul514
The answer you will get from me is the only reasonable answer anyone can give.

No one knows, it’s a complete bet. The currency could be worth literally nothing or it could be everything.

Blockchain is the future so it's everything
Blockchain is the future so it's everything

But isn’t that a belief too? No one knows what the future holds
Bitcoin breaks the much anticipated $6000 barrier to reach a new all time high. The cryptocurrency has increased nearly 700% since January 2017. Many financial professionals predict that bitcoin could reach $250,000 by 2025.

There has been a massive boom in cryptocurrencies this year with several increasing by thousands of percent. Since bitcoins inception in 2009 the price has risen from $0.008 to $6000 which means it has increased by over 75,000,000%

What does the future of cryptocurrency look like? It is one huge bubble ready to come crashing down at any moment or is it the future of finance, cryptography and economics?

Many believe blockchain technology is the Web 3.0 with smart contracts, decentralised distributed servers and near limitless millisecond transaction speeds.

What are your thoughts?

wanna bet on McAfee eating his **** on live television? he's a smart dude though, had created the first anti-virus software before the first virus was even programmed

many financial professional were confident in tech stocks in 2000. We yet to reach 2.2 trillion (about 9 trillion today) to match capitalization of tech stocks in 2000 so its' quite safe to ride the wave I guess.
(edited 6 years ago)
Bitcoin has totally destroyed my trust in the mainstream media, seeing CNBC every single day post the most absurdly catastrophic warnings about how it's a bubble, it's about to crash, it has crashed, you'd think the past two months have been the worst ever for Bitcoin but no lol. It just makes me wonder about the other things I don't know much about the media is either lying about or simply misunderstanding.

Considering it's the platform for all the ERC20 tokens, I think it has the best long term potential out of all the high caps maybe with the exception of Litecoin

I don't see what advantage Litecoin has, whereas ETH actually has a use which Bitcoin does not have even if Bitcoin is the better store of value so both of them imo have potential whereas LTC is partly just FOMO and partly an experiment to use a slightly different proof of state method.
Bitcoin has totally destroyed my trust in the mainstream media, seeing CNBC every single day post the most absurdly catastrophic warnings about how it's a bubble, it's about to crash, it has crashed, you'd think the past two months have been the worst ever for Bitcoin but no lol. It just makes me wonder about the other things I don't know much about the media is either lying about or simply misunderstanding.

I don't see what advantage Litecoin has, whereas ETH actually has a use which Bitcoin does not have even if Bitcoin is the better store of value so both of them imo have potential whereas LTC is partly just FOMO and partly an experiment to use a slightly different proof of state method.

unless bitcoin updates its blockhain, good luck trading with $10 transaction fees. BTC is also pretty much centralised now (so is LTC though). BTC has the network effect now but it functions like total ****. I miss these days in 2013 when I had to wait 1 minute for a confirmed transaction.
Original post by IStructE
unless bitcoin updates its blockhain, good luck trading with $10 transaction fees. BTC is also pretty much centralised now (so is LTC though). BTC has the network effect now but it functions like total ****. I miss these days in 2013 when I had to wait 1 minute for a confirmed transaction.

Still less than a SEPA payment and doesn't take 3 days after I've had to physically go to the bank to request the transaction occurs because it's faster than '''''online banking''''' which involves me having to print off my transfer request, sign it and post it to head office.
(edited 6 years ago)
Still less than a SEPA payment and doesn't take 3 days after I've had to physically go to the bank to request the transaction occurs because it's faster than '''''online banking''''' which involves me having to print off my transfer request, sign it and post it to head office.

I was just pointing out LTC advantage over BTC with lower fee and faster transactions. This doesn't translate well long term since ETH can do the same and BTC can fork as mush as it wants to resolve its current functionality hurdles. Charlie Lee tweets promoting his coin are funny though.
I was just pointing out LTC advantage over BTC with lower fee and faster transactions. This doesn't translate well long term since ETH can do the same and BTC can fork as mush as it wants to resolve its current functionality hurdles. Charlie Lee tweets promoting his coin are funny though.

This is why I never sell my Bitcoin Cash or my Bitcoin Gold. I don't really value them but one day it might just occur that the forked coin has better scaling than Bitcoin Core and I'll loose out on what receives mainstream adoption because I wanted a quick free lunch of a few grand.

You have to remember that most of the media outlets are old fashioned, they just don't really understand technology very well. Whenever revolutionary technology is invented it's always invented by young people, Steve Jobs created Apple aged 21, Bill Gates created Microsoft aged 20, Zuckerberg created Facebook aged 20, Larry Page created Google aged 25 etc etc. Now Ethereum, which is unquestionably the most advanced blockchain technology yet was created by Vitalik Buterin aged just 19 when he first started coding it.

If you really want to know the value of a new piece of technology, stay away from old hags like news networks, even the financial ones like CNBC, Bloomberg etc. You're far better doing independent research. I suspect Ethereum will become as critical to large scale businesses as databases are currently.

[video="youtube;95-yZ-31j9A"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95-yZ-31j9A[/video]

True, bitcoins transaction speed and fees are a bit ridiculous compared to some other coins but with the introduction of the lighting network these issues basically go away. Bitcoin will have transaction times of a few seconds and with extremely low fees. Not quite the scale of Ethereum's upcoming Plasma network which can handle billions of transactions per second, potentially even trillions.
(edited 6 years ago)
You have to remember that most of the media outlets are old fashioned, they just don't really understand technology very well. Whenever revolutionary technology is invented it's always invented by young people, Steve Jobs created Apple aged 21, Bill Gates created Microsoft aged 20, Zuckerberg created Facebook aged 20, Larry Page created Google aged 25 etc etc. Now Ethereum, which is unquestionably the most advanced blockchain technology yet was created by Vitalik Buterin aged just 19 when he first started coding it.

If you really want to know the value of a new piece of technology, stay away from old hags like news networks, even the financial ones like CNBC, Bloomberg etc. You're far better doing independent research. I suspect Ethereum will become as critical to large scale businesses as databases are currently.

[video="youtube;95-yZ-31j9A"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95-yZ-31j9A[/video]

:rofl:

Internet, not even once.
I sold Alts for BTC. RIP or happy me
I sold Alts for BTC. RIP or happy me

Good luck man, I personally just hold my alts because after Segwit2x the alts will probably jump higher
Reply 78
Good luck man, I personally just hold my alts because after Segwit2x the alts will probably jump higher

something tells me you've got like most of your life savings invested in these currency's

if you're right about all of this perhaps one day you will be very rich and come back laughing at all the skeptic people, ..but if you're wrong perhaps you'll end up a bitter poor old man, constantly reminiscing about the past, unable to move on from 2017 when bitcoin hit an all time high ...and then crashed......:h::colonhash:

lets just hope that you end up the former eh..
Original post by ANM775
something tells me you've got like most of your life savings invested in these currency's

if you're right about all of this perhaps one day you will be very rich and come back laughing at all the skeptic people, ..but if you're wrong perhaps you'll end up a bitter poor old man, constantly reminiscing about the past, unable to move on from 2017 when bitcoin hit an all time high ...and then crashed......:h::colonhash:

lets just hope that you end up the former eh..

I don't have my life savings in this, but I've put in a fair bit and frankly if it all goes to zero I won't be upset. Being intelligent and doing that which interests me has always been my driving force over those folk who are so avaricious as to base their life on money and whilst it may seem hypocritical given the profits I've taken from this so far, I accept the very real risk this may yet end in folly.

Latest

Trending

Trending