Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Where Were You When You Joined TSR Compared to Now? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't see the unofficial markscheme for my P7 exam without an account.. now I'm a regular in the Cambridge applicants thread and studying for my A-Levels
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I joined in February 2012 when I was in year 10. Not a time in my life I would like to repeat. Not I'm in the final year of my degree. Nearly 6 years have passed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izpenguin)
    I joined in February 2012 when I was in year 10. Not a time in my life I would like to repeat. Not I'm in the final year of my degree. Nearly 6 years have passed.
    Do you feel like university caused you to flourish?

ReputationRep:
    Then I was 18 and at Uni. Now 27, married to the love of my life, mum to two children and have a part-time job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JindleBrey)
    I think I was 16 at the time. I used to be really skinny, said I would never drink alcohol and was just a wet blanket in general.

Now I have gains, love the sesh in all its beautiful and many forms, and put the stud in student room. I also have a degree and am writing a novel.

How have you changed?
    I got semi-permanently banned from TSR. So whenever i tried to make a account, the mods would delete it by presumably following my IP address, they also chucked in email verification to make sure i didn't continue to troll using fake emails...

Now I'm back all rule-abiding. The reason i joined - i got bored and remembered TSR still existed.

Where was I at the time? In my room.

(Mods if you're reading this and remember me - just know that I'm a good TSRian now *thumbs up*)

ReputationRep:
    When I first joined TSR I liked white girls a lot but they never found us Orientals guys attractive.

Seven years later and now they still don’t find us attractive. :sad:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Ooh good thread! I was about 17 and applying for temporary jobs over Christmas. Now I'm 20 and I'm in uni studying animation

i was 15, GCSE level

ReputationRep:
      I was at home. Now I'm at uni.

Enthralling times.
      • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
      Then: Loser

Now: Loser (You expected something different, didn't you?)
      • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Retired_Messiah)
      I was at home. Now I'm at uni.

Enthralling times.
      Out of curiosity, what are you studying?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Black Water)
      Out of curiosity, what are you studying?
      Philosophy. For the job prospects ofc. Scottish uni tho so they're letting me do theology and classics with it for 2 years for no reason at all. Scotland's fun.

ReputationRep:
      I had just started year 11 and was looking for help/motivation. Now I'm doing my masters and procrastinating :lol:

ReputationRep:
      a lot better at getting work done

ReputationRep:
      I was worried about getting decent results in my GCSEs, was being badly bullied in school and had quite low self-esteem.

Now, I'm in my final year of Law at UCL (my dream university and course at 16) and I'm on my way to a 1st. I barely remember the names of the people who bullied me (most of them are unemployed) and I have a loving and supportive range of university friends. Dreams do come true.
      • Community Assistant
      • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
      I joined ten days after I turned sixteen. I was in year 11 and still relatively new to the UK. I was not good at talking to people in general and spent most of my time online.

Now, I am turning nineteen in nine days and I am in my first year of university. I am used to the UK (two years can easily do that), have a bit of work experience, and people often say I make friends easily nowadays. I still spend a lot of time online, but I remember to concentrate on my real life most of all. :yep:

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.