Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

As opposed to how you were raised.

ReputationRep:
    They wouldn’t get the slipper treatment and won’t be forced to be doctors or engineers.

ReputationRep:
    I would probably raise them similarly to how my parents raised me. I might tease my children less but other then that not much.

ReputationRep:
    I would let them go to sleepovers

ReputationRep:
    Be less obsessed with perfection and status.

ReputationRep:
    I would use basic common sense to realise how terrible my genes are and not have children who would inevitably inherit these genes and suffer like I did.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't shout at my kids (unless it was necessary) and i wouldn't use spanking or hitting as punishment

ReputationRep:
    No hitting, more empathy, less selfishness, different approach to sports (I think one should learn to ski, play tennis, sail, ride and then do it for fun, practicing competitively only the sport they like the most), try to teach them 3 languages (my parents speak 3-4 fluently but taught me only 2, and then went on complaining about my bad German and inexistent French), no getting terribly upset for unserious things.

ReputationRep:
    I would not force any religious path upon them . If no interest is shown then so be it . Too much valuable time is wasted unnecessarily in the pursuit of mythological teachings and rules .

You are only here once , so make sure you enjoy it and live by your own rules ....not someone else's .

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 31, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.