The Student Room Group

Law

What would I have to take at A-Level to do law at uni ?
Reply 1
There is no specific set of subjects that you need to take, however it is useful to take a subject that is analytical, so things such as politics, sociology, psychology, ethics etc. You should be aiming for good grades more than specific courses you want to do, if your college offers a law A-level then it may be worth taking this as a good base, but it is not required. Typical offers for unis range from BBB to A*AA, but if you want to ever practice as a lawyer then really you need to be aiming for a good university and so will require AAB-AAA.
It is also important to start building up some experience, so try to get a mini-pupillage or see if your local law firm needs any admin work doing, it is also a useful thing to attend your local courts to actually see what law is practice is like
Basically whichever three academic subjects you will get the best A'level grades in.
Reply 3
You could take anything really, but I would recommend either history or literature as they’re facilitating essay subjects (I prefer history!)

If you don’t know the basics of law, then law or politics would be a good one

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending