Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Trying for A*A*A (a longshot) Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kilner)
    apologies for yet another cringey, typical GYG title but i had nothing better.
    Hopefully this will give me a little bit more motivation to achieve the grades I want/need, and by writing down my targets and how I will get there it should push me that little bit further to actually hitting them.

my a-levels:

biology (aqa)
    chemistry (aqa)
    history (aqa)
    french (aqa)
    extended project (aqa)

yep, the workload is awful before you ask.
    the epq is such a BURDEN on me to be honest- i really don't see what i will gain from it. and a bit of background, my a-levels have had a very sudden turn around. i enrolled to sixth form on english lit, french, history and financial studies and somehow ended up here...

and a foreword: i am not that naturally smart. although i can write a good essay and remember things well, it takes me a LONG time to understand concepts and i have to revise a lot to get decent grades. i'm not someone who can drift through with zero revision.

for the record, literature was awful. i hated how there was no right answer, and it felt like people were using stupid long words just to make themselves sound smart while failing to make points if you get me. not my cup of tea.

a lil bit of background, gcses:
    Spoiler:
    Show

english literature - 9
    english language - 9
    mathematics - 9
    biology - a*
    chemistry - a*
    physics - a* (full ums in all exams!?!?!)
    history - a* (full ums again wtf)
    geography - a*
    french - a*
    fine art - a*
    further mathematics - a

currently, my plans are to do biology, chemistry and history to a-level and french to as. epq is a seperate thing, equivalent to as.

hoping to get a*(biology) a*(history) a(chemistry) and a*(epq) a(french)

my aspirations is to study either biology or biomedical sciences. i am interested in pharmacy, which is the topic of my epq, but i hear that pharmacy jobs aren't great at the minute and pharmacies are becoming automated and stuff.

uni goals:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Oxford - entry requirements (a*aa)
    Durham - entry requirements (aaa)
    Edinburgh - entry requirements (aaa)
    Lancaster (natural sciences) - entry requirements (aaa)
    Exeter - entry requirements (abb)

currently working at:
    Spoiler:
    Show

biology - topic test 1 (grade a, 92%)
    chemistry - topic test 1 (grade a, 100%)

... wish me luck!
    You absolutely smashed GCSEs so I'm sure you'll do fine at A Level

I did Biology and Chemistry (AQA - new spec) so if you need any help just ask

GOOD LUCK !!!

ReputationRep:
    XX

ReputationRep:
    XX

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.