Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Which would be the best supermarket to shop in with new girlfriend? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Shopping is an activity that should be done by yourself, unless you are helping someone who cannot carry large amounts of shopping, or is a child who cannot handle money/credit/debit cards.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pithfal)
    She isn't exactly new to me anymore as I've known her since at least January, but I've yet to walk around with her in supermarket, something which occurred to me last night whilst I was doing a late night shopping run at Tesco, and saw a couple together laughing about something.

So which would you say would be the best supermarket to shop in with her? I absolutely refuse to set foot in Aldi or Lidl. :noway:
    Waitrose

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kindred)
    Nothing wrong with Aldi or Lidl though- they're great for cheap snacks and you can still find brands in there. I wouldn't do my regular shopping there, but they are great for some things.

I had a good look in my local Lidl yesterday.

I remember doing this in another lidl a few years back and whilst they definitely had a few decent good value bits and bobs in there, you couldn't really do a weekly shop imo

I had a good look round yesterday and I think it might indeed be possible now, they've expanded their range quite a bit, no longer just snacks. I am seeing most of the stuff I get in sainsbury's [or equivalent] at Lidl

honestly, switching to Lidl will probably save a person at least a third off their weekly shop

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 29, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.