Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should i finally message my crush???!?!?!?!? Heeeeeeeeelp Watch

ReputationRep:
    OK SO BASCIALLY, I have had the biggest crush on this guy in my college literally since the first day of year 12 & now I'm in year 13. We see each other sometimes at college and smile but we don't know each other as we have no same classes or mutual friends. BUT I ADDED HIM ON FACEBOOK LAST YEAR SO SHOULD I MESSAGE HIM AND SAY HEY OR SOMETHING PLEASE HELP ME I CANNOT FLIRT TO SAVE MY DAMN LIFE TYSM.

WOULD IT BE WEIRD FROM A GUYS POINT OF VIEW IF I MESSAGED HIM?? IM VERY PARANOID ABOUT THIS

UPDATE: I GOT REJECTED AF YALL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosel100)
    OK SO BASCIALLY, I have had the biggest crush on this guy in my college literally since the first day of year 12 & now I'm in year 13. We see each other sometimes at college and smile but we don't know each other as we have no same classes or mutual friends. BUT I ADDED HIM ON FACEBOOK LAST YEAR SO SHOULD I MESSAGE HIM AND SAY HEY OR SOMETHING PLEASE HELP ME I CANNOT FLIRT TO SAVE MY DAMN LIFE TYSM.

WOULD IT BE WEIRD FROM A GUYS POINT OF VIEW IF I MESSAGED HIM?? IM VERY PARANOID ABOUT THIS
    Go for it. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    How popular is he with girls and do you think he has a girlfriend?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by black1blade)
    How popular is he with girls and do you think he has a girlfriend?
    IM 100% sure he's not got a girl and he's not popular with the girls

ReputationRep:
    Don't do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jjjjjaaaames)
    don't do it.

why whats the reasoning

ReputationRep:
    Do it, yolo
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    DO IT! You will regret it if you don't, just take the leap of faith and see where it takes you

ReputationRep:
    Ok i think imma do it but what do i say after we both say 'hey' omg

ReputationRep:
    IM 100% sure he's not got a girl and he's not popular with the girls
    If you start talking him in a friendly way he will almost 100% fall in love with you over time lol (as long as you are reasonably attractive). I mean don't expect him to actually do anything about it, probs be too nervous.

ReputationRep:
    maybe get to know each other a bit first so you dont get instantly rejected

ReputationRep:
    why whats the reasoning
    You're in year 13, it's your last year of sixth form/ college, both of you will probably go to different uni's, if you do go. And long distance relationships don't usually last long.

+ focus on your subjects.

do it

ReputationRep:

Well, what do you have to lose?

In the past I've had a bunch of people I barely know contact me on Facebook and start up a conversation as if they'd known me all their lives. It's kind of flattering, not to mention amusing. It's nice to have a conversation with someone.

If you don't act awkward, it shouldn't be awkward. Maybe think of some things you want to say to him or ask him. When I want to talk to someone, I go in with a question or something. For instance, my current crush is someone I'm friends with but not that close with, so I tend to message her saying "hey are you going to x (shared activity) this weekend?" or "heard you were feeling ill, hope you're feeling better" or something else. Then use that as a conversation opener.

Maybe just say you didn't really talk last year but you keep seeing each other around and it's like, "maybe we should actually have a conversation". That's probably the way I'd approach it.

But then again, I am the girl who asked out someone she'd met literally once in real life, and did that over Facebook, so take my advice with a grain of salt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JJJJJAAAAMES)
    You're in year 13, it's your last year of sixth form/ college, both of you will probably go to different uni's, if you do go. And long distance relationships don't usually last long.

+ focus on your subjects.
    DAMN thats actually true://

ReputationRep:
    Do it! It’s your final year, go for it! It’s fine to make the first move, what do you have to lose compared to what you have to gain.
    DAMN thats actually true://

ReputationRep:

It's definitely not weird! Even if it doesn't work it's better still to try then live with regret all your life and it doesn't mean anything bad about you as a person. Good luck!

ReputationRep:

Nah, it's not weird at all to message him! If he's single then go for it! Just have that confidence to do so!

ReputationRep:
    Life is 2 short for worrying. DO WHAT MUST BE DONE! Regret later, act now!!

ReputationRep:
    Just do it! Think about the amount of time you've spent liking him.You'll just waste more time.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 21, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.