The Student Room Group

AMD Radeon R5 435 Graphics Card

Hi I found a nice Tower and has good specs, 8GB Ram, I5 processor, 128GB SSD, 3TB storage, 3Ghz and 3.5ghz when turbo boosted
I’m thinking of playing games on it specifically Player Unknown Battleground. Is my graphics card good or not?

Also if you know any good towers around £700 link below!
you might as well run on integrated graphics at that point.
Reply 2
Original post by FriendlyPenguin
I have heard that PU Battleground is very badly optimised, so you might struggle to run it on that graphics card.

Just looking on their website, they recommend a Radeon HD 7850 as a *minimum*, and that is far more powerful than the R5 435.
ahh, so it’s not recommended I should play with it, what other good games would be compatible and would I be able to change my graphic card later on for e.g to a NVIDIA?
Original post by TechSupport
Hi I found a nice Tower and has good specs, 8GB Ram, I5 processor, 128GB SSD, 3TB storage, 3Ghz and 3.5ghz when turbo boosted
I’m thinking of playing games on it specifically Player Unknown Battleground. Is my graphics card good or not?

Also if you know any good towers around £700 link below!

Assuming they're charging you £700 for the tower you've listed, don't buy it, the GPU is garbage.
Reply 4
Also by changing the graphics card would that change the gpu or that doesn’t intertwine with each other?
Also by changing the graphics card would that change the gpu or that doesn’t intertwine with each other?

the gpu is (physically) on the graphics card.
Reply 6
Okay so a total alternative, it’s best if I build a PC myself and it would be optimum for gaming & work and how long approx would it last me? 5-10 years?
Also by changing the graphics card would that change the gpu

The graphics card is the GPU.

Okay so a total alternative, it’s best if I build a PC myself and it would be optimum for gaming & work and how long approx would it last me? 5-10 years?

It depends on what settings you want out of it and how the industry changes. But you'll get more longevity out of something you've built yourself than anything you can buy for the same price.
I have played 1000+ hours on PUBG since day 1 so I have seen the game transition optimisation wise.

1) SSD is almost vital for the game to instantly load textures upon landing. If you run it on an HDD you tend to land and the textures don't initially load in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsfIjCgtGYI - The start of this video shows what it is like to run on an HDD.

2) They have optimized the game a lot since launch. My girlfriend plays on a fx6300 and it has greatly improved. I play on a 4690k atm and a 1800x in another build and I regret dropping money on the 1800x because patched have made it so much better on consumer-friendly hardware.

3) I personally use a 1070 but the GPU is not nearly as important as the CPU purely due to the nature of the game. EVERYONE who plays PUBG competitively has grass on very low and all other settings minimum with view distance on medium-low. This prevents anyone having an advantage/disadvantage and lets you see players better in the grass.

4) PUBG loves CPU cores and clock speed so look into AMD ryzen 6-core CPUs or the new 8th gen intel chips. Depending on what you are doing a 3TB HDD is a bit overkill. I have friends who use both 8GB and 16GB RAM kits and they never see any RAM-based issues. Intel core i5s run the game perfectly fine but the 1600 is the same price with 2 more CPU cores and the PUBG engine loves extra cores.
Original post by Piña colada
I have played 1000+ hours on PUBG since day 1 so I have seen the game transition optimisation wise.

1) SSD is almost vital for the game to instantly load textures upon landing. If you run it on an HDD you tend to land and the textures don't initially load in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsfIjCgtGYI - The start of this video shows what it is like to run on an HDD.

2) They have optimized the game a lot since launch. My girlfriend plays on a fx6300 and it has greatly improved. I play on a 4690k atm and a 1800x in another build and I regret dropping money on the 1800x because patched have made it so much better on consumer-friendly hardware.

3) I personally use a 1070 but the GPU is not nearly as important as the CPU purely due to the nature of the game. EVERYONE who plays PUBG competitively has grass on very low and all other settings minimum with view distance on medium-low. This prevents anyone having an advantage/disadvantage and lets you see players better in the grass.

4) PUBG loves CPU cores and clock speed so look into AMD ryzen 6-core CPUs or the new 8th gen intel chips. Depending on what you are doing a 3TB HDD is a bit overkill. I have friends who use both 8GB and 16GB RAM kits and they never see any RAM-based issues. Intel core i5s run the game perfectly fine but the 1600 is the same price with 2 more CPU cores and the PUBG engine loves extra cores.

Not my game bit very useful insights. Seems like anything over 1700 is overkill and as mentioned 1600 seems to be the sweetspot or the new 8400 if you can find one and arent being ripped off and realise the mboards are more expensive.
Original post by 999tigger
Not my game bit very useful insights. Seems like anything over 1700 is overkill and as mentioned 1600 seems to be the sweetspot or the new 8400 if you can find one and arent being ripped off and realise the mboards are more expensive.

For PUBG the 1600 will smoke and i5 purely because the game eats cores. It runs my 4690k@stock 90% while playing.

My 1070 sits back, smokes a cigar and sips brandy at a cool 60% usage while encoding.

Quick Reply