Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everybody!

I need your help regarding a case that I need to work on for my EU Law module.
    So basically the case involves a farmer from Greece rearing sheeps to the UK and . He has been charged for 4 things : cost of for testing the animals coming to the UK (because of a disease outbreak in Europe), holding pens (I still don't understand what is it, sorry I am a french student studying in England, I tried to research but the definition was weird). And the two other charges are in this paragraph :

Stan also imports frozen, raw meat products which he sells to supermarkets in the North East. In November last year, Stan was told that his products could now clear customs at special warehouses in the northeast rather than at the port in Southampton. Stan was happy to agree to this, as it allows the necessary customs formalities to be completed with the supermarket managers present, and began clearing his goods through the warehouses in December. When one of the supermarkets cancelled an order for sausages which had already been shipped to Southampton, Stan contacted the warehouse and asked them to store the sausages for two weeks in their freezers. When Stan received the bill from the warehouses, he noticed that, as well as being charged for the storage of the sausages, he had been charged a fee for each of the other meat shipments that had cleared customs at the warehouses.

So out of the 4 charges, only 1 is right (the storage of sausages cause he asked for that and it is a service rendered (commission v Belgium).

My question is : what can he do to get back his money or make up his money loss ? I can't find... The teacher said he has two options. And that it depends if he can get back or not his money ...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.