The Student Room Group

Cadaver dissection for medicine at Cambridge?

Hi everyone,
Are there any Cambridge medics here who would be able to tell me if they offer full body cadaver dissection, and if so in which year? Also what sort of stuff are you supposed to put in the SAQ extra personal statement bit apart from course structure and why you like your college?
thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by juju7007thorn17
Hi everyone,
Are there any Cambridge medics here who would be able to tell me if they offer full body cadaver dissection, and if so in which year? Also what sort of stuff are you supposed to put in the SAQ extra personal statement bit apart from course structure and why you like your college?
thanks!

Not a medic but yeah they do offer cadaver dissection - you pretty much get given a cadaver at the start of the course and work your way through it afaik. I know a few people who went to their cadaver's funeral when they were done :smile:
You don't really need to put anything about your college in the SAQ imo because you might not end up there anyway - I'd focus more on the specifics of the Cambridge course/resources.
Yes you do cadaveric dissection in first year.

For extra personal statement, you could talk about why specifically the cambridge course appeals to you. I personally wouldn't mention the college.
Original post by Etoile
Not a medic but yeah they do offer cadaver dissection - you pretty much get given a cadaver at the start of the course and work your way through it afaik. I know a few people who went to their cadaver's funeral when they were done :smile:
You don't really need to put anything about your college in the SAQ imo because you might not end up there anyway - I'd focus more on the specifics of the Cambridge course/resources.

Hi etoile,
thank you so much! what else would you recommend putting in the saq apart from course structure becasue i dont know what else to say
Reply 4
Original post by juju7007thorn17
Hi etoile,
thank you so much! what else would you recommend putting in the saq apart from course structure becasue i dont know what else to say

It's really just there to add any extra detail you want that you didn't put in your personal statement because it's specific to Cambridge. You don't have to write loads or even anything :smile:
Hey, which college did you apply to?? Good luck with the SAQ!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending