Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ok so there's this girl in my chemistry class who I've thought was hot for a while. We only started texting recently (been texting every day for 2 weeks now) but we don't talk at school... 1. because chem is the only class we're in. 2. we're not exactly in the same friendship groups so I don't see her that much. 3. also i've been trying to keep it on the DL, not sure about her...

Anyway, never had a gf/got with someone etc. but like this gyal a lot, she's a proper laugh and we're quite similar tbh, get on well (although yh I know getting on over text is different to getting on face to face ofc). Got no real idea how she feels but reckon there might be an opportunity to meet up this half term either when we're both out clubbing or meet to watch bladerunner. Other day she asked if id go and see it and bc i secretly wanted to see it with her kept my answer v open to keep option open to see it together.

We broke up for half term today but not sure how to make this move on or if I'm sort of rushing this as its only been 2 weeks and never actually spoken to her irl...

any help appreciated (sorry for the long one)

ReputationRep:
    Well it is a sign to be texting EVERYDAY for two weeks but at the same time it depends on the conversation. If the conversation is free flowing and not a dry convo, then I think it is a hint. People like confidence and initiative whilst dating, they want someone to keep them interested and someone who wants to show that they are interested, dont pass a good opportunity.

I'm in college right now and our school is massive so really my classes are definitely friendly but no one is that close unless you've known each other before - with that being said that means if I were to give a guy my number or for him to give me mine, then I am giving a hint.

Considering your situation...you guys text everyday yet don't talk in person - that means something since you guys clearly want to talk not to just be a friendly short convo face in the chemistry class.

Do yourself a favour and just ask her out on date....the casual do you want to see a movie or even "do you want to hang out at lunch one time doing this etc." Don't bother if its rushing....a date is just a date to see if you are actually interested in her...it is not the same as saying you like her! You could make it clear by saying "I was thinking we should hang out sometime outside of school since we don't get the chance in school....I've been wanting to see a movie *insert movie name etc.* or an activity you want to do or try out a new place to eat (Any old excuse to hang out) ...when are you free". Be confident and ask her when she is free to let her know you are determined.

HOWEVER PLEASE let her know that if you are being too forward that it is okay for her to say no and that you can continue to text or be friends or whatever happens. Let her know the truth of your feelings. NOTHING is ever rushing, it is good to quite sure and quick on these things so you won't regret later. BE CONFIDENT she will either like it or appreciate it very much because confidence brings truth of the basis of the friendship and if there will be further development so you won't waste your feelings

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 20, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.