I am not sure what courses i can apply to!?

Watch
Jaspergentry
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I am thinking about Uni's/Uni Courses, however after looking at some uni course requirements im not sure what uni courses i can do with my IB subject choices.

My IB Subjects:

HL English
HL Geography
HL Global Politics
SL Chemistry
AB initio German
Maths Studies

TY JG
1secondsofvamps
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Jaspergentry)
I am thinking about Uni's/Uni Courses, however after looking at some uni course requirements im not sure what uni courses i can do with my IB subject choices.

My IB Subjects:

HL English
HL Geography
HL Global Politics
SL Chemistry
AB initio German
Maths Studies

TY JG
What are you interested in/want to do?
Etoile
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Jaspergentry)

My IB Subjects:

HL English
HL Geography
HL Global Politics
SL Chemistry
AB initio German
Maths Studies

TY JG
English, geography, politics are the obvious ones but you'd also be able to do languages, probably history, philosophy, media, anthropology, education, law, international relations, business studies, economics, criminology, sociology, theology/RS, maybe geology.... depends what you're interested in! Have a flick through a uni prospectus maybe and take a look at their entrance requirements because for a lot of courses they don't actually require specific subjects.
Jaspergentry
Rep:
?
(Original post by 1secondsofvamps)
What are you interested in/want to do?
i was interested in International relations, however i heard that it is not prestigious as it is relatively new. Geology may also be an option but when checking the Oxford entry requirements it says you must either do 2 sceiences or HL maths.

Criminology may be a course that i will be interested in. i will check it out.

TYJG
Jaspergentry
Rep:
?
Or maybe a 'Combined Honours degree'...

However im not sure how that works (will i have to go to double the amount of lectures or selectively pick?).

TYJG
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (5)
4.9%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (16)
15.69%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (19)
18.63%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (11)
10.78%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (33)
32.35%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (18)
17.65%

Watched Threads