GCSE Year 10 English Literature Exam 2019 Watch

internet monster
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Do year 10's do the inspector calls, Christmas carol, and Macbeth for their 2019 exams as well or is it just the year 11's?
ray44
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
the choices for english literature are based off what your school has picked. If thats what they are for current year 11s, its unlikely that they would change. Best to ask though just to be sure
entertainmyfaith
  • Study Forum Helper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
depends on your exam board. i'm in aqa, year 11 and i'm studying macbeth, jekyll and hyde and an inspector calls. ask your teacher.
charlotte2222
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Anyone studying Julius Caesar?
Harrison_P
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hello. It is all depended on what you school chose. I’m studying the AQA board. My school has chosen Literature Paper one - Romeo and Juliet and Jeykell and Hyde Paper two - An inspector calls and poetry (power and conflit) from what I’ve gathered, the school wil usually stay with the same books from previous years due to understand the methods of teaching and understanding the storylines fully. Hope this has helped Harrison
isabellemettle
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I’m doing Romeo & Juliet, Dr Jekyll and Hyde, Lord of The Flies and the AQA power and conflict poetry
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Kaur:)
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by internet monster)
Do year 10's do the inspector calls, Christmas carol, and Macbeth for their 2019 exams as well or is it just the year 11's?
That’s what I’m doing but it depends on your exam board.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
owenjackson_
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
In year 10 your school picks a play by Shakespeare at random so it’s differnt for everybody it just happens that I’m doing Macbeth.In year 11 you do the play your school chose and “An inspector calls” Poems
mahdiuddin4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I'm in year 10 and i'm doing the exam this year but i'm doing Romeo and Juliet, The Sign Of Four and An Inspector Calls
mahdiuddin4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by internet monster)
yes i am but i'm doing sign of four instead of a Christmas carol and Romeo and Juliet instead of Macbeth.
fatheha123
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi guys I wrote this for the 2017 unseen poetry question. How can I improve and how many marks out of 8 do you think I would get?

Alan Bold, the writer of 'Autumn', describes his attitude towards the season as hated and detested. Whereas, Billy Collins, poet of 'Today' expresses his attitude of the season as 'perfect' and 'warm', contrasting with Bolds' hate for Autumn.
In 'Today', Collins description of spring is presented as happy and joyful as it is 'etched in sunlight' and filled with a 'warm..breeze'. The adjective 'etched' describing the sun, indicates that spring is a time where the world is bright and full of warmth from the sun.
Contrasting with the idea of warmth, Bold describes the season Autumn as cold as it 'chills the world'. Additionally he mentions that the unexpected arrival of the season 'changes the temper of the earth'. Indicating that the mood of the people have changed as well as the mood of the earth. He implies that as Autumn has arrives he world has become 'quietly raged' and angered.
Another difference is in the poem 'Today', Collins mentions that gardens have become full of flowers signifying beauty in the season spring. Conversely, in 'Autumn', Bold writes that dead leaves are filling the place. Indicating that Autumn is a gloomy and dull season whereas the poem 'Today' is a joyful and happy season.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (206)
22.08%
The paper was reasonable (398)
42.66%
Not feeling great about that exam... (178)
19.08%
It was TERRIBLE (151)
16.18%

Watched Threads