When to start getting ready? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Kev98
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
After not being able to find anywhere better to ask this i'll ask it here.
I have just started year 13 and was wondering when people start writing off to uni's etc because so far my school hasnt mentioned anything so i was wondering if i should start by myself or what for the school to start something as i have no idea what to do.

Thanks
Kev
SciFi25
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Start getting prospectuses now. It took me about 3 months to find the course I wanted to do. I then forgot it and it took me a week to remember which uni it was when i had to send off my ucas form!! lol!
ruthiepoothie
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Kev98)
I have just started year 13 and was wondering when people start writing off to uni's etc because so far my school hasnt mentioned anything so i was wondering if i should start by myself or what for the school to start something as i have no idea what to do.

Thanks
Kev

you can get hold of UCAS forms from about nowish...you have to apply to the universities through UCAS....
You can choose six unis...and you have to write a personal statement about why you want to do the subject, what you are studying now, your hobbies etc....
You should be starting to think about what subjects you might like to do and where you might like to go- when you have some ideas then start drafting out a personal statement...
Or ask the careers people at your school- they can tell you what to do and how to get hold of a ucas form etc...

Good luck!

Ruthie xx
mooter
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Kev98)

Thanks
Kev
mate, the earlier u do it the better,I had my first offer by mid october last year while some ppl at my college left it till the deadline and were begining to panic at that time. your tutor will have to write loads of references so i think its best if u actually finish everything that u have to do with the UCAS form by the end this month! it will be like a weight off your shoulder and u can concentrate on yr subjects
Good luck!
Kev98
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Thanks guys
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (200)
18.76%
No (648)
60.79%
Not really bothered about them (218)
20.45%

Watched Threads