Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I am in desperate need of clarification. I started my degree in October 2010 part time with the Open University. I am now starting a module this year (60 credits). Is it right I cannot apply for a tuition fee loan because I started my course before September 2012?

If so, how can I get funding to cover my course fee as the grant which I seem to keep being directed to apply for doesn't seem to offer enough money to cover the course fee.

Any advice would be great! Thanks.

Greg
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ggooch)
    Hello,

I am in desperate need of clarification. I started my degree in October 2010 part time with the Open University. I am now starting a module this year (60 credits). Is it right I cannot apply for a tuition fee loan because I started my course before September 2012?

If so, how can I get funding to cover my course fee as the grant which I seem to keep being directed to apply for doesn't seem to offer enough money to cover the course fee.

Greg
    Are you still on the old TA fees?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ggooch)
    Hello,

Greg

Hi ggooch,

The new Part Time Loan is only available for new and continuing students who started their course on or after 1 September 2012.

For students looking to apply for funding for an Open University course, they should complete the following form:

• New students who started on or after the 1 September 2012- PTL1 form
    • Continuing students who started their course on or after 1 September 2012- PTLC form

Continuing students who started their course prior to 1 September 2012, should complete the PTGC form.

You should speak to your university re any other funding that may be available, such as scholarships and bursaries.

Thanks Rona

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.