The Student Room Group

Ex nice to me then acts uninterested? Help

Me and my ex bf were together for 5 years, he broke things off with me in June for ridiculous reasons. We met up a few times since then, and ended up arguing. We didn't speak for a month after that. Then, this week, he started to text me saying he had wrote a song including me, and asking how uni was etc. We then saw each other randomly in public and he was being nice to me.

So, I thought I would ask him if he wanted to meet at the weekend as we were getting on well. I called him to ask, then he says 'no I am seeing someone' and that he isn't interested in me.

This really hurts. I don't understand why he was nice to me all week, then when I asked to meet, he goes cold on me. Can someone help?

I didn't want to get back together, I just wanted to meet to chat as we got on well but now he is acting uninterested in me, as if he doesn't care.
Reply 1
Original post by Nottsstudent96
Me and my ex bf were together for 5 years, he broke things off with me in June for ridiculous reasons. We met up a few times since then, and ended up arguing. We didn't speak for a month after that. Then, this week, he started to text me saying he had wrote a song including me, and asking how uni was etc. We then saw each other randomly in public and he was being nice to me.

So, I thought I would ask him if he wanted to meet at the weekend as we were getting on well. I called him to ask, then he says 'no I am seeing someone' and that he isn't interested in me.

This really hurts. I don't understand why he was nice to me all week, then when I asked to meet, he goes cold on me. Can someone help?

I didn't want to get back together, I just wanted to meet to chat as we got on well but now he is acting uninterested in me, as if he doesn't care.

What did you want to meet up for? Just to get closure?

If he's already seeing someone, he might just be keeping you on the side. You definitely don't want to be that girl. I think you should call him and talk it though, maybe offer to stay friends if that's what you want. But you can't keep being strung along like that. Unless you really want to pursue things with him, which you say you don't, maybe it's time to cut him off and move on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending