Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should it matter if a girl or guy is bigger? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I don't think so, do you? I am a size 16. I have EDS which is a colegen and joint problem. My best friend has JHS and she is the same size. We are happy in ourselves. No, we may not have boyfriends but we are frankly quite intelligent and we go to a medical PRU in which there are only 2 boys. So it's understandable why we don't. We are both very pretty especially when wearing makeup. Neither of us especially me can wear plus size clothing as it's too big and the wrong shape. I believe that looks shouldn't matter. If you love someone then it shouldn't matter. Due to the joint problems we have exercise is out of the question. I don't eat unhealthy junk food, I just can't burn off the excess fat with exercise. If you have the same problems please contact me. I would love to hear from you.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tobie3110)
    I don't think so, do you? I am a size 16. I have EDS which is a colegen and joint problem. My best friend has JHS and she is the same size. We are happy in ourselves. No, we may not have boyfriends but we are frankly quite intelligent and we go to a medical PRU in which there are only 2 boys. So it's understandable why we don't. We are both very pretty especially when wearing makeup. Neither of us especially me can wear plus size clothing as it's too big and the wrong shape. I believe that looks shouldn't matter. If you love someone then it shouldn't matter. Due to the joint problems we have exercise is out of the question. I don't eat unhealthy junk food, I just can't burn off the excess fat with exercise. If you have the same problems please contact me. I would love to hear from you.
    I think in reality it's a mix of looks and personality - you'd find it difficult to be attracted to someone who physically repulsed you. Having said that, there is much more than six's that is a factor in looks.

ReputationRep:
    Personally, looks are only a small part of attraction, I am much more attracted to things such as intelligence, kindness, unique behaviours etc
    In serious relationships, looks are not everything, if you are talking about immature relationships in schools, then looks tend to be a big part

ReputationRep:
    Yes, fatties are disgusting. Listen to all your coping lmao.

ReputationRep:
    Nebuchadnezzar

I asked if you had the same problems, not for your personal feelings on as you say fatties. you seem frankly quite nasty and from what I've just read your extremely shallow. at least I'm not walking around as and anorexic bag of bones wearing skinny jeans that are too baggy on me. oh, and please refrain from commenting on any of my posts again.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Are you fat or are you T H I C C

ReputationRep:
    Nebuchadnezzar

I asked if you had the same problems, not for your personal feelings on as you say fatties. you seem frankly quite nasty and from what I've just read your extremely shallow. at least I'm not walking around as and anorexic bag of bones wearing skinny jeans that are too baggy on me. oh, and please refrain from commenting on any of my posts again.
    If you want to spread the message that girls of a bigger size shouldn't be considered any less beautiful, don't do it by insulting someone for being skinny. Smfh.

ReputationRep:
    I simply retaliated to Nebuchadnezzar and their immature post. I agree it was childish and I'm not against skinny People as most of my closest friends are skinny. I was only looking to see if anyone else had the same problems with joint conditions and weight, not for nasty comments about fatties. I apologize for upsetting anyone.

ReputationRep:
    I simply retaliated to Nebuchadnezzar and their immature post. I agree it was childish and I'm not against skinny People as most of my closest friends are skinny. I was only looking to see if anyone else had the same problems with joint conditions and weight, not for nasty comments about fatties. I apologize for upsetting anyone.
    The thread title was a bit misleading then, no? Some people don't bother to read the content of the original post.

ReputationRep:
    oh well, there's no changing it now. if people are going to reply then maybe they should take the time to read the original post

ReputationRep:
    If you get on well with someone then it shouldn't matter how they look but personally I'm more attracted to someone who's average weight rather than too skinny or too heavy.

ReputationRep:
    Nebuchadnezzar

ReputationRep:
    I mean...I have EDS and I'm a size 6, so I don't really understand your point.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    You say you're happy with yourself so surely that's what matters? I know some very, very overweight people who are in relationships - some with thinner people, some with people the same size, and they're happy and that's what matters. I think, as has been said in this thread, there are things that are way more important than size in relationships - how well you get on with a person is going to matter much more long term than looks which fade as you age anyway. I'm not saying that being like 400lbs is healthy but if the person is happy and their partner is happy then :dontknow:

I have hypothyroidism and take antipsychotics, both of which can cause a person to put on weight and I'm not happy with it so I'm trying to lose weight. I've lost about 35lbs so far but kind of come to a standstill now I started new medications and upped the doses of a couple of others. I think the most important thing in life is simply to be happy. I didn't even think a 16 was that "big" anyway...:confused:

ReputationRep:
    Also, you're really not helping yourself by dragging down people who are thin either - "anorexic bag of bones wearing skinny jeans that are too baggy on me." :rolleyes: I hope you realise that anorexia is a severe mental illness that has an extremely high mortality rate.

Oh, and, in my anecdotal evidence (due to lack of research into this aspect of EDS) quite a high amount of us are underweight due to motility issues and other things like anxiety, hence why a lot of us end up on feeding tubes, etc. Also quite a high number of us have eating disorders, so the above comment is actually quite ironic and insensitive.

But yeah, getting with someone isn't just about your size or weight or whatever, there are a bunch of different things that matter.

ReputationRep:
    Nebuchadnezzar

This reply is just as bad as what the poster you're replying to originally said. Don't try and make yourself feel better by criticising other people. You should probably learn what anorexia is too before you start bringing that up.

ReputationRep:
    Realistically looks will always matter and whoever says they don't is lying to themselves

ReputationRep:
    Attraction matters but it's not just about size. Your face, proportions etc all make a difference. Personality counts too but attraction isn't just based on one thing.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.