The Student Room Group

He said he would wait for me

So I have been talking to this guy for like less than 2 months and we’ve known each for 2 months almost. I think when we text he was flirting with me a little and I didn’t think much of it since I have no idea what is classed as flirting. Anyways long story short, he kinda confessed to me and asked if I was in a relationship and I said no and I’ve never had one in all 17 years of my life. Then he asked me if I wanted to go out with him and I was like I’ve never been in a relationship so I don’t know how it works and we should get to know each other more and so he said he would wait for me. The thing is I’ve never been in a relationship or flirted with a boy or even talked to a boy for this long and also the reason why I have never been in a relationship besides the fact that no one liked me anyways is that my parents was always saying no boyfriend until you graduate and I’ve had it ingrained in my head for ages. And now out of no where I’m confessed to and idk what to do but I like him but idk what to do because I’m a awkward and shy person. I feel like it isn’t going to get even more awkward if I reject him and we sit near each other at school. Also if I didn’t say anything and just kept leading him on I would feel bad and awkward to. But if I did go out with him, what would happen then, I mean I feel asif it’s would be still awkward because idk what I am doing. What do I do can someone’s give me some advice. Ps I feel like my heart is going to burst out of my chest.
Reply 1
Just date him.
relax and calm down.... if you feel anxious than perhaps try bringing along a friend or Postpone the date to a date nd location u feel comfortable with him..
Reply 3
Original post by Ishax
Just date him.

I honestly love how direct this is. Thanks maybe I will XD
Reply 4
Original post by emptystudent
relax and calm down.... if you feel anxious than perhaps try bringing along a friend or Postpone the date to a date nd location u feel comfortable with him..

It’s not even a date, he just directly asked me to be in a relationship with him, I mean is it not too fast?
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
It’s not even a date, he just directly asked me to be in a relationship with him, I mean is it not too fast?

No.

bruh get some sleep that's what imma be doing after a couple posts here

have a crack at it chica, but i'd advise like just try hanging out rather than saying 'ye' and u both changing ur FB statuses to in a relationship.

get a coffee, go for a walk, have a chat / hang out outside of school so you can talk about something other than school related and see if ya like him.
Reply 7
I honestly love how direct this is. Thanks maybe I will XD

Good :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by JoshDawg
bruh get some sleep that's what imma be doing after a couple posts here

have a crack at it chica, but i'd advise like just try hanging out rather than saying 'ye' and u both changing ur FB statuses to in a relationship.

get a coffee, go for a walk, have a chat / hang out outside of school so you can talk about something other than school related and see if ya like him.

That sounds like a plan I mean I too think that we should hang out more before actually dating, We actually have a lot in common but I want to get to know him more before actually agreeing. And I’m going to bed now too it’s way too late already. Thank you I just needed some reassurance tbh and good night.
Reply 9
Original post by Ishax
No.

Okay :smile:
Reply 10
Hang out with him, get to know him, if there are feelings there then take it further :smile: you only find out and learn about this stuff by experiencing it, everybody has been new to dating and relationships at some point in their life :smile: just make sure you take it at a pace you are comfortable with, jsut also remember life is unpredictable and short...take a chance and go for it! Kiss him! Have babies! get married!!!! xD xD xD

Okay, not that far, but do go for it :smile: You only have one life, use it to build some experiences
Original post by Avaia
Hang out with him, get to know him, if there are feelings there then take it further :smile: you only find out and learn about this stuff by experiencing it, everybody has been new to dating and relationships at some point in their life :smile: just make sure you take it at a pace you are comfortable with, jsut also remember life is unpredictable and short...take a chance and go for it! Kiss him! Have babies! get married!!!! xD xD xD

Okay, not that far, but do go for it :smile: You only have one life, use it to build some experiences

I agree to that, thank you :smile: and yes that’s a bit too far at this point in time Haha😂😂😂

Quick Reply

Latest