Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Apologies if this sounds petty

Im in uni 3rd yr living in halls and have been lonely for 3 yrs i have a long term bf of 5 yrs but iv had problems with him for lomg time and we barely see each other

I have a stupid crush on ond of my flatmates who also has a long term gf..

Trouble is some of the stuff he said to me has really upset me such as:

I only hang out with ppl i want to hang with
    He keeps hanging with one girl coursemates of he keeps me mentioning every day to me ..that she's cool edgy and has same interests and everything with him...

He says hes enjoying the company of his coursemates so much and that theyre his friends

Its like rubbing salt on my wounds that he sees me nothing as an accquaintance who he will nevee actually hang out with

Yet i have to see hin everyday whilst going through depression and still be polite to him whilst trying to get over him

How do i deal with this ??
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    He has a gf and you have a bf. I suggest you just keep things platonic and not act differently around him. He probably doesn't want to give you the wrong impression by hanging out with him. I know he's your flatmate but you could meet with other flatmates?

[QUOTE=UWS;74203196]He has a gf and you have a bf. I suggest you just keep things platonic and not act differently around him. He probably doesn't want to give you the wrong impression by hanging out with him. I know he's your flatmate but you could meet with other flatmates?[/QUOT

But he hangs out a lot with his girl coursemate hes constantly telling me how shes cool edgy has same interests as him shes just like him

It just gets ne down

He doesnt want to hang with me not cos he doesnt want to give the wrong impression
    Its cos he couldn't care to

Its sad cos i have to see him everyday just rejoicing about love for other ppl

Also he tells me he hates most girls cos theyre dumb apart from his gf and this girl he hangs with... he did say a while back im not dumb

But when sometimes he repeats about girls being really dumb. He only says oh apart from my gf amd this other girl

Does that mean he thinks im stupid

I know his opinion should mean **** all

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 21, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.