The Student Room Group

ACA or ACCA alongside my Economics degree?

Hi guys ,

So I basically need help to decide if I want to do an ACA or ACCA qualification whilst doing my second year of Economics. I understand the added workload may make it difficult to concentrate on my degree, however, I have not take the decision lightly and I am confident I can handle it.

I registered for ACCA last week and I am waiting for them to check my certificates. But I’m beginning to thing I might have made a mistake. I’ve trawlled through many sites reading up on people’s opinions on ACA vs ACCA; it all differs so much.

I’m hoping someone can help me to make the right decision for me. I want to get into investment banking in the future. I understand ACA holds more prestige and ACCA is considered easier of the two. When I made the decision to do the later, it was under the basis that they both are essentially the same. Just the fact of the titles being different. But upon further research I’ve come the believe I may be incorrect and they differ on a deeper level.

I’m in my second year of economics. So I know I won’t complete my ACA/ACCA course by the time I graduate. I’m hoping the fact I have shown the initiative to begin the course may be beneficial when looking for jobs. I’m also applying for summer and Easter Internships.

Thanks in advance for your replies and help guys.

(Apologies if it’s in the correct section!)
Not possible. Study it after graduate tie it with an employer who sponsor you and get the required work experience to complete it
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2
Why is it not possible? I’m sure it is possible. I can do the first two modules at the very least it’s the last module that requires me the be in a work experience role in order to carry out the case study?
Original post by legend786
Why is it not possible? I’m sure it is possible. I can do the first two modules at the very least it’s the last module that requires me the be in a work experience role in order to carry out the case study?

then do it then
1. Accounting and IB are very different

2. To take ACA exams, you've got to be working
Reply 5
Original post by Dominoes
then do it then

Thanks for being so helpful.

If you took the time to read my original post you would understand I was asking if I should do ACA or ACCA. For which you haven’t provided any help towards.

Quick Reply

Latest